Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Multiplayer Mode

Multiplayer Mode All discussions and questions about MP

Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Default Adjusting Multiplayer (LAN) Game Speed

Hi all!

MoW is a great game - a fantastic successor to SHOWW2 and FoW, there's just about only one thing I would like to be able to do - change the game speed when playing multiplayer, specifically on a LAN.

Single player game speed can be altered using the backspace key, down to a level I and my friends enjoy, but when we play co-op, there's no option to slow it down, that I can find.

Does anybody know if it's possible to adjust the game speed in LAN multiplayer? I wouldn't need to do it mid-game, but if I could set it from the start, that would be perfect.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

This has been asked recently: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8525

As is posted there, the short answer is no - Unless you are willing to do a bit of messing around with the game files, i don't think it's possible. Though i'm sure an admin or modder would be able to give you idea of how hard it would be. (if it's possible at all)

I can see where you are coming from, but just think of being forced to play in normal mode as a test after all your training in slower speeds.

I also used to want to be able to adjust the speeds, but mostly because i enjoy the action and suspense of the slow motion - You can fire a round and still have to wait a while before it hits (and same goes with being shot at) so it adds a bit of panic and excitement to the already intense game.
However when you are playing with friends, and have less to manage yourself - It should be much easier to focus on just your own troops.

If you are desperate...I guess you could try upping the graphic details and remove some RAM to slow it down?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

I like you're thinking... remove RAM, put the old video card back in - hey presto, slower multiplayer!

And I guess I'm not the world's best player, I think I like to plan things a bit, and the old grey matter doesn't respond as well as it used to. I like to do a lot of direct control and micro-management, which was well-suited to SHOWW2, but a bit less suited to FoW and MoW.

Still a fantastic game, enjoying it very much.

I had a quick look in the map editor to see if there was a game speed setting there that you could same the multiplayer maps in - I was hoping there was something there, but nothing presented itself.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

I believe you can edit the missions and maps to script in slower game speed. You'd have to give this to anyone you'd want to play coop with though.

You can even use scripting tricks to change the speed on the fly, but this still has to be scripted into each individual mission.