Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 04-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

There's a reason I don't fight weak/very weak mobs as I play through, just in case I later find one of the victory items.

Last game my warrior (yes warrior folks) found the skull at the undead castle yup the one in the cemetery

I had it finished before I went to Freedorn Islands

This of course was the same warrior who's best chest armour was an archmage robe (post demonis) but I'm a warrior wahhh!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastar View Post
What do you mean, you don`t need attack that much? It`s only the most important non-leadership stat in the game, with the possible exception of int, and, oh wait, the dead skull gives both. I`ve personally never had any rage problems as a mage, and was way more interested in getting the 5 att and 5 int. You can NEVER have enough of either stat, and I cannot see how a 50% rage increase can ever be better.
I found attack not that important - sure, you need an average number, but I made it through the game with my Paladin on 12 A, 20 Defense.

There are lot of other modifiers for increasing Attack - my Royal Snakes had double Attack due to Fenora, I had ... well forgot the name, but that skill that gives me +4 A each time I kill a stack. Against Dragons/Demons, there is Dragon/Demon Slayer - plus various Paladin skills and items that give you bonus Attack stat.

That said, I found that even enemies with much higher defense then my attack can be defeated without losses easily, with the combination of Rage spirits, buff/debuff spells and the right tactics. The spell that decreases enemy defense by 60% was essential in beating tough creatures like Cyclopes/Dragons.

Rage on the other hand, is accumulating very slowly for a Paladin to use - with the Pain Skull it was easy to get 20 or more rage in the first round to use for a Glot Armor or Soul Drain.