Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-08-2018, 01:57 AM
Approved Member

It would be nice if these fixes for the broken single missions were added to the next patches, as it can be a PITA to manually find the right place to put them.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taly001 View Post
It would be nice if these fixes for the broken single missions were added to the next patches, as it can be a PITA to manually find the right place to put them.
Copy the raw texts and paste them in notepad. Save mission as whatevernameyouwant.mis.
Put the missions in their respective folders. You know /Il-2folder/'Missions'/army(DE, US, RU...)/plane(He-162, P-40...).
As a suggesntion, back up the original missions.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
This are my fixes for the USSR P-47N1 mission and for the German He-162 mission...
[/CODE]
Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I have many competing interests.

Firstly, I’m not a recognized expert on any of this, so my opinion might not count for much. Secondly, regarding your P-47 mission fix, I would really strongly prefer to see this particular map error fixed rather than have mission fixes built around the map error. This is not just a case of map terrain causing issues with flight paths. It is actually an incorrectly located runway spawn point, which should definitely be fixed in the map, otherwise every mission designer wanting to start aircraft on this airfield will face the same problem of aircraft spawning in the sea. I’m not a mapper but hopefully someone has the skills and time to do it.

Having said that, your P-47 work around seems to work quite ok without any major dramas. It’s difficult to know if your mission combat timings match those of the original mission designer because the whole DB-3 flight is trashed in the original. So without time consuming testing I don’t know whether your version plays out the way that the original would (if it worked) or not. However, going by the scheduled arrival times at the attack waypoints in the FMB, I think the DB-3s are perhaps a little late to target compared to the original mission schedule. I would have to do more testing to confirm that though.

The only other minor criticism is that the DB-3s veer right slightly off the runway on takeoff, but this is only really significant for any would-be movie makers. I wouldn’t really worry about them being targets on the runway. The AI enemy isn’t likely to be attacking them.

In any case, you've fixed the serious glitch in this mission, and that’s what really counts!

That’s about all I have time for right now sorry. I haven’t checked the mission success balance for this one yet, as your mission text doesn't include the P-40 wings present in the original mission. I haven't looked at your He-162 mission yet either. Maybe another time.