Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Yes Leind I agree with all of it, the idea isn't a practical army (for which sprites/fairies work better) but a max crit like you guessed, does book of dead have any unique buff that you thought would help?
Book of dead don't have unique debuff, but can help you have the maximum amounf of buff & debuff on your unit and the target unit at a same time (you can summon the book and wait before using it).
Especially if you're a warrior and don't have access to higher magic.

Before finishing the game I will try this combo, but being a mage (lower leadership & attack stats) I will certainly not have as much damage as a warrior.

I hope I will find a suitable stack, you need to look with a stack with the maximum of low level stacks (8-10 for example) that can be put asleep and killed with your thorn stack to max up the frenzy attack bonus. I guess a stack with dryads would be the best, as you can let them summon thorn every three turn and kill them to max up the frenzy bonus. Too bad I completely cleared the elf lands.
I will have a look at my druids staff, I guess the keeper fight have dryads in them.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Just before finishing the game, I tried it and got a nice critical : 233K with thorns warriors.

To get that I maxed out the attack stat bonus with the Frenzy skill, killing all stacks with the thorns then letting the opposing dryads summons more thorns stack to kill, in order to have at least an attack bonus of 90 over the enemy defense.

For the damage stats I used the thorn crown, the whip and the poison dagger along with hell Breath. All of that boosted the thorn warrior damage from 1-3 to 6-12. A 400% boost.

And finally I used as a victim another thorn unit. They have a -100% fire vulnerability. So each point of fire damage is doubled. That mean each thorn have a base damage of 17. I tried increasing the vulnerability of the targeted unit with grease but it didn't worked. I guess the maximum vulnerability is 100%.

Finally the only necessary spell were doom (100% chance of critical) and Hell Breath.

With a stack of 2885 thorns it means that each thorn did about 81 damage. Not bad for a 8 leadership unit
A warrior with more leadership (I had 23080 as mage) should easily got more than 275K.

Last edited by Leind; 03-28-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

WOW, great result, haven't seem anything like that even between russian players! My congratulations!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

Thanks. Once you know how the game works it's not difficult, and for that I have to thanks the players here and the Russian players who made the fan manual.

Since then I played a little with the warrior and realized he got much more powerful critical (more like 160-170% of max damage instead of about 130% for Mage, both with rage at maximum).

Now I think a warrior with about 30K leadership could probably do more than 375K. Compared to a mage he would only lose a little effectiveness in the Hell Breath spell damage increase.

That also makes Doom one of the better spell for warrior as well.

This army is not only "theorycraft" but also is working well too. After getting the critical I did the final fight with a full lvl1 army (Both kinds of thorns, Lake Fairy & Sprite & Lake dragonfly).
I won easily at the first try, it was much more effective than the regular "shock troop" army I previously used for big battle like the lvl30 tournament battle (Royal snakes, Ancient Bear, etc.)
Even without accumulating the full 300% attack bonus with Frenzy, you hit the enemy stacks pretty hard.

Last edited by Leind; 03-31-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Does english version of that fan manual exist?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Does english version of that fan manual exist?
Here is the link for translated variant: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...1&postcount=42
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

The highest crit i had in game, wasnt prepared at all, just doom spell to make sure enemy stack is dead, could be much higher but i was unlucky and dont have skull of death and posison dagger in this game ;/