Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Default Need help with patching/mod preferences

Hi,

I just bought this game. Trough steam (that leaves me with the version 14.2.2m. I´m about to go and patch it to the lastest version. My questions are: does hyperlobby support the newest version - that is - 14.3.3? If not, which version is most advised? or how can I decide? I´m currently running 14.2.2m

are there any other ways to join multyplay besides hyperlobby?

also, are mods bound to a version? or can I have the newer version and run them too. if not I assume the most wide spread is 14.2.2m (seemingly most mods) Pls advice on which version is best.

Since I seek for several mods, Maybe CUP, Ultrapack, HFSX and some other ones. I will chose that later.

Am I correct to assume: dedicated server version is only for running one? im not sure.

How can I use Track IR, or rather HatTrack with IL2 1946? is there some mod addon?

I already know where to find info on installing mods. So I have that covered

I thank you for your help in advance
bye

Old 02-25-2017, 11:00 PM
What the heck...?

All of the big mega-mods are compatible only with older versions of the game. 4.12.2 is usually the newest they support, with some supporting only older versions. Highly unlikely any of them will work with 4.13.3.

Alternatively, there is a mod activator that is available for 4.13.3 (found here). When using the modactivator you pick and choose which individual mods you want to use.

I personally prefer the modactivator myself. The big megamods just carry way too much unwanted baggage for my preferences.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

what the point of using mods for older versions? many bugs in them