Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

It's the opposite of your preferred settings, but the =IRSS= server (ip # 194.44.192.144:21000) usually has a few in the evening, (N America), and a lot in the morning, when the Russians and Ukrainians are getting home from the salt pits? and Vodka farms?

second or sub topic, yeah, mods have fractured the community, HL usually only has a dozen people logged in, and they are dispersed over several servers.

those 12 could have a blast together, but a server with two or three players is pointless, unless you are going after Grn targets, and are full switch so that skill is needed to intercept.
Other wise flying a bomber online is suicide. Kids will external you, and fly 60 miles away from the furball to get a easy kill (and their precious 400 pts) on a 1940's bomber who is just trying to get alt with their 1944 FW or Ki84.

After witnessing a incident I will post another story about, I have no faith in any kills on me online any more. Il-2 is hackable, very as the NTRK I post will show.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Meanwhile, for the last 10 years, our simming community had regular events involving up to 80 players at once, flying HSFW with zero cheat involved (only known french squads allowed) , a much better visual/audio environment than stock, plus excellent mod planes, in an online strategic dynamic PVP campaign called SEOW, all this thanks to charlie, 4shades and lots of individual modders.

Mods have fractured the online community sure, too bad for lone wolves, but what an experience for players involved in online squads ! Cheats were much anterior to mods btw, some squads started cheating/exploiting at the very beginning of open online il2 events. Want no cheats ? Fly with known pilots only.

Nowadays most online squads have moved to Clod/BOS or simply disbanded, but some still enjoy very much flying either HSFX or other IL2 flavors in events, try to join one and you may find fun again
Old 01-15-2017, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollnloop View Post
Mods have fractured the online community sure, too bad for lone wolves, but what an experience for players involved in online squads ! Cheats were much anterior to mods btw, some squads started cheating/exploiting at the very beginning of open online il2 events. Want no cheats ? Fly with known pilots only.
I'm not sure about the impact of mods on lone wolves. Modded or not, you are under greater risks when you are alone. I have chosen "lone wolf" path in my online exploits at the very beginning of IL2 era (except coops) and accepted all risks involved. Including those related to bomber flights with external views... just treat it as if your enemy has the radar on the battlefield.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

KG26_Alpha, doesn't Steam ruin trying to mod IL2 1946 like it does with other sims/games?

I used to fly with the JG-53 guys from the old Bombs-Away.net web site... now closed. Computer problems kept me away from flying with them for a long time.

As for Hyper Lobby, there ended up too many cheats online so that ruined it for us and many others. We ended up flying with one of us hosting for the others we flew with. That worked out great for a long time.

Last edited by GT182; 01-18-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Apart from the track that Music posted, I have not seen anyone cheat - ever. There have been some players that have made themselves hard to hit due to bad connection and warping, to the point that the server usually disconnects them. Recently I almost mouthed off a warping player, but it didn't take long before every player dropped from the server! All players and squads are innocent until proven guilty, and thinly veiled accusations of cheating, without proof of any kind, should be regarded as fairy tales.

When someone gets their ticket punched, the most probable reason is that they made a mistake. Identifying your own mistakes and having an ounce of respect for the guy who got you is preferable to paranoia. I've smacked my head many times after overestimating my energy state or letting an opponent sneak behind me - watching a track of that happening is an eye opener, if anything.

CRT=2 (or higher) in server settings will go a long way in dealing with cheaters.