Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation IL-2 '46 Instalation problems Win 10 & DirectX Compatability Issues

So I just blew 1500.00 on a new ROG rig. and decided to dig up The original IL-2 & 1946 and install them on the new pc. Which I upgraded to win 10 straight from the both. (checking M4T ppl have had some success with installing 1946 on Win 10 pc's. ) Once I got past the compatibility issues with the sim & win 10, (it will install as vista/XP compatible in win 10)
Then I hit the next Wall. DIRECT X. From the DVD IL-2 1946 comes with Direct X 9.1c on the DVD and requires that to be installed to finish the installation.

PROBLEM: direct x 9.1c is not compatible with windows 10!!!!

Now as I've taught my kids......never focus on the problem....focus on the solution. But this one has got me freakin stumped!!!

HELP!!!

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

You may have resolved this problem already. I see you've been asking around. But, in case it's not fixed:

Do you have another non-Win10 computer you can install it on? (Maybe your kid's computer ) I haven't actually installed Il2 1946 for many years, I just keep copying my old installs. If you can install it somewhere and copy it to a thumb drive, you can copy the IL2 folder to your Win10 system and it should work. I'm using it on Win10 with minimal problems, you have to use your desktop at 100% scaling or your mouse won't work. I change from 125% to 100% when I use IL2, a minor annoyance.

Cloyd