Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Angry PC Hypocrites

Guys, I'm starting to get tired of 'Hardcore' PC players not realizing the potential of all of these new simulator games coming to consoles.

I'll see comments from PC players who learn about IL2BoP and go, "Alright! Can't wait to get it for my PC!" Then when they learn it is for console there like, "Oh, it's probebly an arcade game."

PC players don't realize that the console community is excited to get these games but get crap from the PC players saying they should go back to their Call of Duty 4.

I've noticed in many game forums that console players complain about dumb AI, vehiccals, unrealistic things, etc. Doesn't that signal, "Hey, we want a realistic game?"
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Guys, I'm starting to get tired of 'Hardcore' PC players not realizing the potential of all of these new simulator games coming to consoles.

I'll see comments from PC players who learn about IL2BoP and go, "Alright! Can't wait to get it for my PC!" Then when they learn it is for console there like, "Oh, it's probebly an arcade game."
I wouldn't even bother getting into it. Once you've started that debate, you've already lost just due to the profound ignorance that both sides start throwing out. LOL
Enjoy what you enjoy, let others believe what they want. In the end that's all that matters.

Besides, those of us that game on pc and console have everyone beat.
You don't have to choose one or the other.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
I wouldn't even bother getting into it. Once you've started that debate, you've already lost just due to the profound ignorance that both sides start throwing out. LOL
Enjoy what you enjoy, let others believe what they want. In the end that's all that matters.

Besides, those of us that game on pc and console have everyone beat.
You don't have to choose one or the other.
VERY well said RK! I agree 100%...

I'm also getting tired of all the Xbox 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii bickering I hear all the time about why their console system is better. Like you said; Just enjoy what you enjoy... Peace!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Console players wanna be like PC players.

I'm not arguing between sides i am just trying to say how console players are starting to want to be like PC players and want to play realistic or even simulated gameplay.

I'm not arguing over 'who is better' because i know it is a lost cause and i will be devistated if thats what every thread in this forum turns into.

but im jus saying how we're becoming more alike.

but yes i agree with Raw K. (I'm right with you there. but i dont judge games by platforms like most people. quality is what counts the most!)

(To Everyone Else) Please, I have seen many threads and even forums entirely be destroyed by cons. vs. pc arguement, so plz dont start one.

Last edited by xNikex; 03-25-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: I literally want to stress not to argue. It kills forums!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

Yup live and let live is the best way to be.

Everyone in this BoP forum seems to be nice though, so we are lucky. No rude people.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
I'm not arguing between sides i am just trying to say how console players are starting to want to be like PC players and want to play realistic or even simulated gameplay.

I'm not arguing over 'who is better' because i know it is a lost cause and i will be devistated if thats what every thread in this forum turns into.

but im jus saying how we're becoming more alike.

but yes i agree with Raw K. (I'm right with you there. but i dont judge games by platforms like most people. quality is what counts the most!)

(To Everyone Else) Please, I have seen many threads and even forums entirely be destroyed by cons. vs. pc arguement, so plz dont start one.
Yes, I agree xNikex! Good points.

No worries...I don't think anyone thought you were arguing.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Not at all, I just know here you're coming from. LOL
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Cool yeah.

im sorry i just really wanted to stress not to argue so the forum doesnt get all boring like most do.

and yes i thank everyone on this forum for being so nice about it.

guess theres nothin to do but to wait for Anton to get back on our questions.