Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Translate Ice&Fire

I have realised an amateur translation of WotN, and all is correct. Now i've proceed translating Ice&Fire, but... The text in eng_* files zipped in loc_ses.kfs work properly for WotN, instead the text in eng_* files zipped in eng_loc_ses_iaf.kfs don't work. It seems that the files eng_* are reading only from ses.kfs.
If I change the files prefix (e.g. from eng_* to fra_*), all work properly until i change island, in this case the game crash.
Any suggestion? (thank you in advance)
Old 09-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

I have not tried to mod this game, but this is how (I think) it should work:

I&F has its own session and game files in the "ice_and_fire" folder under "sessions".

Under this folder is the "localization" folder with the "eng_loc_ses_iaf.kfs" file.

Any files common between I&F and WotN (in the "addon" folder) are superseded by the files in the "ice_and_fire" folder for I&F and WotN only uses the files in the "addon" folder, ignoring "ice_and_fire" altogether.

In order to make changes to I&F, all file updates must go into a "mods" folder under "ice_and_fire".

There is one more folder of importance, and that is the "data" folder at the same folder level of "sessions". This folder contains a litany of KFS files with "data.kfs" being the archive that contains the "standard" ATOM's. These are base units like Black Dragons, etc. that are common between TL and WotN / I&F. You can think of them as legacy files.

You can also add a "mods" folder under the "data" folder and both WotN and I&F will use changes to the files in "data.kfs" from files located in that "mods" folder. If you only want changes to affect one game, then they go in the files under the respective "mods" folder for either "addon" or "ice_and_fire".

This is all theory, so try it out and report back your success / failure and we'll try to figure it out!

/C\/C\
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
I have not tried to mod this game, but this is how (I think) it should work:

I&F has its own session and game files in the "ice_and_fire" folder under "sessions".

Under this folder is the "localization" folder with the "eng_loc_ses_iaf.kfs" file.

Any files common between I&F and WotN (in the "addon" folder) are superseded by the files in the "ice_and_fire" folder for I&F and WotN only uses the files in the "addon" folder, ignoring "ice_and_fire" altogether.

In order to make changes to I&F, all file updates must go into a "mods" folder under "ice_and_fire".

There is one more folder of importance, and that is the "data" folder at the same folder level of "sessions". This folder contains a litany of KFS files with "data.kfs" being the archive that contains the "standard" ATOM's. These are base units like Black Dragons, etc. that are common between TL and WotN / I&F. You can think of them as legacy files.

You can also add a "mods" folder under the "data" folder and both WotN and I&F will use changes to the files in "data.kfs" from files located in that "mods" folder. If you only want changes to affect one game, then they go in the files under the respective "mods" folder for either "addon" or "ice_and_fire".

This is all theory, so try it out and report back your success / failure and we'll try to figure it out!

/C\/C\
Thank you! I'll try and i'll report success or troubles!