Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Ice and Fire Unit Bug List - Patch 1.2

The following bugs persist as of Patch 1.2, rendering the units, abilities, spells and items significantly worse or unplayable until addressed. As I encounter more bugs I will update my list accordingly.
There has been a new patch (1.2.1) released just recently, perhaps some of the bugs I listed are addressed, here are the Patch Notes- http://steamcommunity.com/games/KBWo...74867240593035

I have NOT reported these bugs, nor will I. I shouldn't have to provide proof when all listed Bugs are easily validated by even a cursory test or glance. Clearly playtesting was borderline non existent. I have done more than my part, but if fellow Loyal Fans wanna try to get these bugs addressed by sending them in, then do so with my blessing, although give credit where its due.

Ice and Fire Bug List as of Patch 1.2

1) Scout- Enchanted Arrow's damage reduction ability isn't working. All other debuff options work.

2) Elven Bow- Doesn't grant -10% Leadership to Scout. Properly granting the leadership discount to Elf, Ranger, and Avenger. Ironically this item was changed in Patch 1.2.1 to -5% leadership and reduced stats, however the actual Scout leadership bug was ignored.. Supposed "Balance" clearly takes precedence over actual bugs.

3) Snowflake Fairy- Her Snow Elves ability of getting a bonus of +3 attack and +3 defense if attacking a frozen unit or unit under the snowstorm goes away at the start of the next turn. Subsequent hits on applicable units will proc the ability and bring up the total stat buffs from the battle correctly, but at the start of the next turn they will go away again. This renders the ability largely useless, and significantly weakens the units potential.

4) Creation- At Creation level 2 and level 3 spells in the spellbook don't update their description with the increased duration. Fortunately when casting all spells their duration is properly elongated.

5) Necklace of Rage- Does not properly allow Gorgul and Gorguana to use their special abilities from the start of battle. Is working with Advisor though.

6) Gorgul, Gorguana, and Vengeful Gorgul Horde Ability- Not granting the proper amount of attack and defense. The bonus is way too little, seemingly only counts a stack as 30 for +1 attack and +1 defense, regardless of how large the stack is. However Devilfish Horde ability is properly granting it the maximum +6 attack and +4 defense when there are 180 or more.

7) (POTENTIALLY FIXED IN 1.2.1) Elder- The Ai Elder will bug out and a "Can't find target for the ability" message will show up dozens of times consecutively while they try casting Invisible Connection or Confusion. Contrary to the misleading 1.2 Patch Notes there are still bugs with the Ai Elder unit.

Warrior Maidens- Messenger of the Gods is not granting Initiative to viking units. This worked in Wotn, but no longer in Ice and Fire. Consequently Vikings are significantly weaker.

9) Elf Racial Ability Elemental Power- Water Element not granting the 15% magic resistance. However the poison resistance is working. Fire Element not granting the 15% cold resistance. However the fire resistance is working.

10) Chosha- Summon ability not being affected by Creation bonus.

11) Chosha- Ai Chosha can cause crashes by using their train Adult Gobot ability.

12) Orc Chieftain- Scolding sometimes doesn't work on units who got a second turn due to Luck Runes or Fit of Energy. However if standing next to an Orc unit that waited or hasn't moved yet the Orc Chieftain can activate Scolding and target even Luck Rune or Fit of Energy 2nd turn units. EDIT- It's possible part of the problem was due to the units in question already having maximum adrenaline. Will require more research.

13) Witch Hunters Magic Block- If your units that are afflicted with Magic Block pick up gold from Christa's Gift or Treasure Chests they will get damaged even though they aren't attacking/using abilities.

14) (Confirmed FIXED IN 1.2.1) Book of Evil- Stats have been fixed since the Wotn days. However the spellcasting (possibly due to Creation) is absurdly strong, with Chain Lightning doing upwards of 50k+ a target, wiping out entire enemy armies along with nearly the entire player army. Even their Magic Axe is hitting for 15k+ damage, more than 5x what its Mage summoner with over 50 intelligence and Destructive at 3 can do. This has been fixed in Patch 1.2.1.

14b) Evil Eyes summon ability Book of Nightmares is the exact opposite of Book of Evil, with only 200 damage spells for over 10,000 leadership. It needs to get buffed at a similar level to the fix with Book.

15) (Confirmed FIXED IN 1.2.1) Combat Experience Unit Level Up "Runes"- Was working fine in Patch 1.1, however as of Patch 1.2 Runes granted by level ups don't work, not for enemy units no player units. Rune Magic "free" runes and those from items are still granted properly to units, but the total wont include those gained from level ups.

15) Magic Shackles and Hypnosis - Leadership amount as stated in the spell description isn't correct, possibly due to the Creation bonus not actually working.

16) Avenging Angel- First time casting it on a unit in combat works normally. Subsequent casts (on the same unit i believe) will do only 1 damage to the enemy when triggered.

17) Ice Prison- Spell Description states that the target can try to break out of the prison by attacking it on their turn. However the captured unit will only automatically defend. This is probably working as intended, since the unit breaking out right away would be a pointless spell, especially at 35 mana (level 3). If so the spell description should be fixed.

1 Holy Water - After equipping it casts Holy shackles on enemy undead at the beginning of every battle. However after putting it back in the inventory it still casts Holy shackles in subsequent battles as if equipped.

19 Meditation- Getting level 2 and 3 in this skill significantly lowers Mana regeneration from the values of Level 1 in Meditation. Note this was as a Mage/Soothsayer with Acolyte of Odin Medal at Level 5, and the Bloodlust Skill, but increasing Meditation undoubtedly slowed Mana regeneration to a trickle.

20) Rind the Raven- Feeding it an Ent Sprout will ALWAYS crash the game.

21) Tincture of Rage- Not granting an Orc unit an adrenaline boost.

22) Miner- Moonshine ability not granting Combat Experience.

23) Jarl- Battle Cry not granting Combat Experience.

24) Mountain King's Set- Not granting "Permanent Knockback" or any Knockback whatsoever, contrary to the description. As such the set is wildly unplayable, especially considering you have to abstain from using the unparalleled Dwarven High Hammer. +20% Health for Humanoid Dwarves is working properly.

25) Human Racial Ability Personal Enemy- Not properly updating each battle. As is the first enemy you ever strike will remain the units personal enemy forever, absolutely defeating the purpose of the racial ability. Its bad enough that Humans lost their actual good racial ability "Adaptability" from Wotn, but to get it replaced with a sub par AND not working ability is disgraceful.

26) Hunting Boots- Not granting Jotun +1 speed. Grants White Werewolf +1 speed, but not Werewolf.

27) Rune Wizards- Rune Wizards have a non listed Runic Knowledge passive ability. Should be added in its ability list. Also under Runic Armor, the Damage bonus from Might Runes only goes up to 20 bonus damage (from 10 might runes), though it should go up to 40 (from the maximum 20 Might Runes). The actual damage is correctly calculating the maximum 20 Might Runes, just the description is slightly bugged.

2 Ice Thorns- Not being affected by Crown of Blackthorne which states "+100% Physical Damage to All Thorns". Their damage should increase from 1-3 Physical/Ice, to 2-6 Physical/Ice.

29) Christa's Gift- This STILL isn't fully fixed for years now. Works properly on level 1 or level 2 enemy units. However does not work on level 3 and level 4 units, even with the appropriate upgrades that supposedly would make that possible. If a level 3 unit or level 4 unit is actually trapped by the Gift (For example its own units on it's sides with the gold in front of it, so no hexes it can move to). it will actually defend instead of picking it up (obviously with the appropriate upgrade to work on level 3 or level 4 units).

30) Phoenix- If the phoenix dies, on the following turn the player is prompted if they want to raise it from the ashes. However even if the player chooses not to bring it back, a "ghost" phoenix animation will arrive. This doesn't count as a unit, and its cell can even be traversed on or over by all units. Similar bugs exist with units like Skald or Witch Hunter becoming ghost animations after the stack dies.

31) Druid- Aura of Harmony passive ability not granting +1 Morale to the new Sun Fairy.

31b) Druid- Natural Healing not properly factoring in additional druids for its bonus %. Does not go over 21%, meaning a maximum additional 1% bonus (This was with over 300 Druids, well beyond the number needed for the maximum additional supposed 20% boost). This is similar to the Gorgul/Gorguana Horde bug, which only get 1 bonus attack/defense, no matter the number in the stack.

31c) Druid- Damage Tooltip calculation is inaccurate. Actual damage is being properly dealt.

31d) Druid- Hell's Breath not granting him the proper damage boost. For example a level 3 Hell's Breath with Creation at 3 for a 52% fire damage boost, is only changing his damage from 4-8 to 5-10. The correct amount should be 6-12. Casting it at a lower level also still gets the 5-10 damage range. Hell's Breath is correctly buffing every other unit though.

32) Ice Nymph- Inspiration not working whatsoever for females such as Sun Fairy, Forest Fairy, Snowlake Fairy, and (probably) Lake Fairy. Should be granting them an 8% chance, and is working properly with males at 12%, but after literally thousands of attacks with the aforementioned female level 1-3 units I have never seen it proc.

33) Mysterious Parcel- Has not been updated since Wotn to include Sun Fairy under Elves. Also should possibly include the Snow Elves Race as an option. Still lists Rune Mage eventhough he is now Rune Wizard. Whats worse one cant buy the Rune Wizards/Rune Mages, since regardless of how many millions of gold the player has the message "Not enough money" is given.

34) Necroh Terror- Ai Necroh cast their Terror ability on units that can't get Feared, such as your plants like Thorns. This doesn't have any negative reprecussions on the unit in question, however this is heavily flawed Ai Targeting.

Potential Bugs

1) Hyterrant- Egg ability not affected by Creation. Could be intentional and always meant to stay at 50% size. If however it can earn a Summoning level up bonus which increases the % of the egg, then not being affected by Creation is undoubtedly a bug.

2) Tirex- Primal Roar ability not modified by attack/defense values. 20,000 Leadership in Tirex, or 10 Tirex, doing only 100-400 damage to applicable targets late game is questionable at best. However this is also how it worked in Armored Princess. At the least the skill description should clarify that the ability is not affected by attack/defense modifiers, since every other damage ability in the game is.

3) Bloodlust Skill- Due to constantly having Rage, Mana regeneration is severely crippled. At best this is counterproductive and a balance flaw, at worst an outright bug.

4) Giants- Earthquake ability not affecting flyers, contrary to the description. It does hit Soaring or Floating units for 30% damage. Description should be changed if its not meant to hit flyers at all.

5) Dwarven High Hammer- Has an undocumented "Auto Dispel" at the beginning of each round. It will either dispel up to one negative status effect a unit of yours has, or will dispel up to one positive effect the enemy has. Additionally it can auto kill enemy Phantom summoned by the Ai (this will use up its one action in the round), as a variant of Super Exorcism. While not a bug since this is clearly an intended effect, the description should properly be updated listing the Special Ability.

6) Optimization Module- Only granting 25% magic resistance to Droids. The description just states "+25 resistance of Droids" , which would seemingly imply all resistances. Either its bugged or the description has to be corrected. +6 defense for Droids is working as stated. Note the item presently is a joke, especially considering its a Tier 4 item and has one of the hardest possible keeper battles in the game.

7) Royal Thorns- Their Thorn Leader ability states that only Thorn Hunters and Thorn Warriors gain the benefits of +1 Speed and +1 Initiative. However with the new inclusion of Ice Thorns, the Thorn Leader ability SHOULD affect them as well. While not technically a bug, its certainly an oversight.

Faun- Can only use it's Fatigue ability on units that have already moved in the current turn. Besides making the ability severely weaker, this condition isn't stated anywhere in the description. Either the ability should be made playable and hit enemies even if they haven't moved, or at the least the description should be updated.

8b) Faun- It's attack does only half damage to Lizardmen with Rugged Scales, since it's considered a projectile. However its also a magic attack which potentially should do full damage since Rugged Scales states that "Non-Magical Projectiles" do half damage. It is clearly a Magical Projectile. Interestingly Faun gets shooter bonuses like Quick Draw, eventhough there is no indication that he is considered a shooter as opposed to a magic ranged unit. This likely pertains to the Rugged Scales issue as well.

9) Ram-Thor- When targeting him with Ranged attacked (missiles and projectiles), the damage tooltip is double the actual damage the attack will do, since the tooltip isn't factoring in the Rugged Scales ability. The actual damage does factor in its Rugged Scales properly. All other Necro Lizardmen with Rugged Scales have the tooltip damage calculating accurately.

10) Sun Fairy- If attacked by a Berserker, and Sun Fairies Firefly ability activates, Blinding the Berserker, he still gets his second strike in. Presumably Orc Veteran would also get his second strike in even if blinded after the first. This is all but certainly a bug and an oversight, and should be addressed.

Last edited by SlickDragon; 07-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Question Thanks for posting this list! Did you send these to tech support?

@SlickDragon:

Thanks for posting these!

Did you perchance send these to tech support with steps on how to repeat each one?

I'm not sure how much the devs frequent the forums (if they even do) and so there might not be anything done about them if this list only lives here...

Anyway, thanks again for generating this list - it would be really nice to have all these bugs fixed by the devs in the near future as WotN never had all its bugs fixed.

/C\/C\
Old 05-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

I have not sent these in yet, they are my own notes while going through the game, and as of yet its not completed (i hope not to encounter anymore, but fear that I will). Also none of these require complicated steps to recreate, they are bugs that are self explanatory and applicable in all games with 1.2 installed (I.e Warrior Maiden not granting Initiative can be verified immediately by just getting into combat and looking at the unit stats. With the scout leadership bug one just needs to equip the Elven Bow and see that the leadership hasn't changed etc etc).

Ironically there was just a patch released a few hours ago, that happens to address some of the bugs i mentioned.

Here is the Patch Notes link-
http://steamcommunity.com/games/KBWo...74867240593035

I will update the list when i see if the patch actually solved some of the problems. If unfortunately the new Patch has its own additional bugs added, which sadly is usually the case, then I will add them as well if I encounter them.

Last edited by SlickDragon; 05-21-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
29) Christa's Gift- This STILL isn't fully fixed for years now. Works properly on level 1 or level 2 enemy units. However does not work on level 3 and level 4 units, even with the appropriate upgrades that supposedly would make that possible. If a level 3 unit or level 4 unit is actually trapped by the Gift (For example its own units on it's sides with the gold in front of it, so no hexes it can move to). it will actually defend instead of picking it up (obviously with the appropriate upgrade to work on level 3 or level 4 units).
Seriously? It's STILL not working? For me, it only ever worked on Ghost Pirates who are compelled to pick up any treasure, I guess. This just proves this game was not playtested at all, since this is like the second Rage ability you get, how come they did not notice that this doesn't work?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Seriously? It's STILL not working? For me, it only ever worked on Ghost Pirates who are compelled to pick up any treasure, I guess. This just proves this game was not playtested at all, since this is like the second Rage ability you get, how come they did not notice that this doesn't work?
It works fine for me in I&F, I use it quite often.

Daniel.