Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 07-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Default Changing Difficulty level

Is there some way to change Difficulty level while playing?
I am a WW2 buff and I recreate WW2 campaigns moving my forces on my own maps. But I use RTS to fight all my ground battles. The best one I have found and have used has been Blitzkrieg as it has the basics of what I need (units, vehicles and maps) from all the main nations and with an Editor that allows me to copy maps and create all the units I want. I create all my battles in Editor and each of my battles has about 100+ Infantry on either side with tanks as appropriate.
But Blitzkrieg is aging and has drawbacks primarily in graphics and camera angles. So I keep an eye out on new RTS games.
I purchased Men of War after much review. Although the graphics and camera angles are far better, it has several flaws which I discovered that are not present in Blitzkrieg.
1 Difficulty level can only be changed before game but not during and Easy level is more like Normal with Normal more like hard and so on. I like to change this to account for superior German tactics especially in the early parts of the war but also as all Allied forces (British, American and Russian) were very different in 1943/44 than they were in 41/42. They all had much to learn particularly regarding mobile tactics and the best use of tanks, accompanying infantry and anti-tank guns.
2 There is no Pause feature. Although backspace allows me to hold game and slow game down (which is good), I cannot issue commands until I start up again. I cannot even look at all my units as it freezes. Personally I like to control Squads(10) or Platoons(40) not individual soldiers which is far too difficult when fighting large battles.
4 Aircraft available are very limited
5 Playing from Editor does not give me an account of casualties nor do I know how much ammunition my artillery or tanks have used. It only shows total available. Although Blitzkrieg does not account for casualties either, it does show me ammo used.
Have I missed something on the above? Is there some way to change difficulty level or pause game?
Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarManiac View Post
2 There is no Pause feature. Although backspace allows me to hold game and slow game down (which is good), I cannot issue commands until I start up again. I cannot even look at all my units as it freezes. Personally I like to control Squads(10) or Platoons(40) not individual soldiers which is far too difficult when fighting large battles.
Is there some way to change difficulty level or pause game?
Thanks
Yes there is a pause function. You simply press pause/break on your keyboard.

You are able to give orders to units in pause.