Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Texturing issues and DX

**EDIT**
So I finally tried something that I figured would make zero difference, but it completely eliminated my problems. I removed the install from program files, and now it works perfectly. Tried right-clicking on the program to force it to run with dedicated graphics (my default setting in Nvidia CP), and it said I did not have permission. All my other games, save a couple, are installed in program files, and all of them have run with dedicated gfx correctly as default.

I've seen other issues with the game about it being in program files, mostly about copying files and running as admin, but I figured it was completely unrelated, as I ran mine as admin every time. Just another reason to say **** UAC, it still has effects even when completely "disabled".
**EDIT***

Hey fellas, I've been tryin to get this game/mod working for about a month now, with only a bit of luck. I've already posted over at TeamFusion forums, but not much help.

So, I'm running Windows 8 with an Nvidia GT 750M. Managed to start the game with CloDer.exe, but dont need it with the latest TF updates. I've come across a few other threads where some folks were having problems with this kind of setup, specifically the broken textures on sights, mirrors, and permanent low-res textures, independent of graphics settings or config.ini. Here are some of the bugged, low textures. I've also tried varying my graphics settings from low thru very high, and it has literally zero affect on how they appear.

(These are all taken with graphics settings at full, and Mastiff's Nvidia Control Panel settings and [core] config.ini)

I found out, though a bit of messing around, that in Vanilla you can completely fix this problem by changing the renderer to either d3d9.0 or d3d11.0 in the config.ini. It seems that only when rendered in DX10 that this problem occurs. Both DX9 and DX11 still have some artifacts occuring (seems to be LOD related, a thin black line parallel to the horizon), but they will properly run the game and render the sight.

However, when updating the mod, this breaks after update 4.3; the game crashes just before the splash screen. Only when I return to d3d10.0 in the config.ini does it start, though I am still left with broken sights and textures. I also tried d3d10.1, and that crashed as well. Up until that point, everything seemed to work correctly (ie: gunsight changes in 4.0 were correct).

So, to clarify

Windows 8
Intel i7-4700MQ
8192MB RAM
Nvidia GT 750M

I turned off Steam Update and Cloud update immediately after download.
Ran the game before updating and between each update and started a flight. (Did this twice, actually. Again after completely removing CoD and the mod and redownloading update 4.3)
Ran Dx update in /redist
Ran Net update in /redist
Running Mastiff's Nvidia settings and config

Does anyone have any ideas about how to run DX9 or DX11 with TF mod, or how to get proper textures with DX10? I feel like I've got nowhere after spending over a month on it.

Last edited by emergencyLemon; 05-09-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

have you tried uninstalling ALL DX-Components and do this?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=1806
Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Registered Member

Tried it. I do not have a .NET Framework Client in my Add or Remove Programs, but I had some sort of graphs thing related to .NET. I uninstalled it, then DLed a .NET Framework Client repair tool from Microsoft. Ran it, it pushed some bars, and said it was working. I ran the DX installer, and it had no effect.

I've also tried running the .NET installer in /redist and then the DX installer, no dice there either.