Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Spirits of Rage

Spirits of Rage All information about Spirits of Rage

Old 12-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Default Reaper and a question

Hi there.

I've been wondering - is it normal that when Reaper levels up and I get the chance to improve Soul Drain (right now it's 30% for 20 rage - I got the "lower cost" on the way) it'll make that skill kill 40% for !45! rage? I mean, is the lower cost vanishing here or something? I'd love to improve that skill but not as such high cost. Maybe there's a way to bypass that problem?

And another question isn't really related to spirits but I didn't want to make an another thread.
I saw in the patch notes, that children are chosen randomly now after reloading the game. Does the same apply to the slot it takes? I want to know if I can just try [fighting the 10th battle -> checking the child out -> loading if not satisfied with the kid's bonus and/or slot -> repeat] approach. Or... I can resort to cheating but I'd rather not to
Old 12-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

It's normal that the cost goes up for any rage abilities when you improve them. On the next level up, you'll probably be offered a decrease in summoning cost.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

I know that the cost increases but I also thought that previous cost reducing would stay. Ah well, off to level the Reaper two levels up then.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

The cost reduction IS staying. Improving it to 40% killing adds +25 rage cost to it. So that turns 20 into 45. It's not a problem or glitch, that's just how it works.

In my latest (mage) game, I haven't bothered improving soul drain any further than 30% for 20 rage because my max rage is only 50-something (56, IIRC), and it just isn't worth it.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

One can get another -10 Rage option after attaining Soul Drain 40%. Getting Soul Drain 50% is going to cost an additional 35 Rage to cast. It simply gets more and more expensive.

I would say 30% for 20 Rage is pretty decent. Even better if you get the rest down to 1.

Last edited by lauvhk; 12-30-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauvhk View Post
One can get another -10 Rage option after attaining Soul Drain 40%. Getting Soul Drain 50% is going to cost an additional 35 Rage to cast. It simply gets more and more expensive.

I would say 30% for 20 Rage is pretty decent. Even better if you get the rest down to 1.
Depends - as warrior I rarely had issues with lack of rage, still I realized I miss the option from spell book, alt or shift to get to lower level... for instance walls, gloth's armors and some other would save me a lot of rage if I could cast them on the lowest level, instead of the unwanted 2+ levels...(but as you know, sometimes we can't avoid leveling up even unwonted rage abilities)