Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 12-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

I've been working on the prog a little, but I've hit a roadblock. So far I have a rough translation of all the map objects. Most of these are in broken english but you can pretty much tell what they are. Eventually I'll convert then into clearer english. The program internals, however, such as the display and the menus are still in Russian and I'm currently looking for a way to edit the text therein so I can translate everything else as well. I'm posting a link to the NEW KBmapDB.mdb file which is the database the program uses for the names of the icons on the map. Maybe that'll help a little until (and if) I can get the rest translated.

KBmap

Last edited by Gaius315; 12-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius315 View Post
I've been working on the prog a little, but I've hit a roadblock. So far I have a rough translation of all the map objects. Most of these are in broken english but you can pretty much tell what they are. Eventually I'll convert then into clearer english. The program internals, however, such as the display and the menus are still in Russian and I'm currently looking for a way to edit the text therein so I can translate everything else as well. I'm posting a link to the NEW KBmapDB.mdb file which is the database the program uses for the names of the icons on the map. Maybe that'll help a little until (and if) I can get the rest translated.

KBmapDB.mdb
Thanks a LOT!
Don't worry about the quality, I am sure every KB player will know what is written there, and we may not need so much some of the "still in Russian" menus... so I would call your effor max effective! Thanx again.

After I tried it: it is 100% when I am looking for quest person/ quest -> roll down menu is in English so it is just about clicking on the name and the program shows me the right location and the right map... I have still some question marks in some roll down menus - what may look little bit confusing, but still as the map program reacts right away, by "click an see" strategy I can freely explore the map and what is on the map is all in English - again 100% sucess... so when I count in some menus still in original language, I would give it 90% of success -> our company would love to have 90% sattisfaction

Last edited by Gatts; 12-12-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

Well I'm glad it helps. I'm a perfectionist but, unfortunately, the rest of the menus are hard-coded in the executable and, even though it's just Visual Basic, I don't have the tools or programming knowledge necessary to decompile and edit the files. An entirely new program would have to be written, so:

If there's anyone out there who can code a new prog to utilize a Microsoft Access Database or even write a webpage that can utilize xml (I could convert the database) then we could have a full English tool.

Locating the NPCs and shops works, but the tool has other features that I'm sure would be useful if we could understand how to navigate them. It has quests and their steps listed as well, but that's only somewhat functional now as you can see it in the bottom-right of the default mode when selecting icons on the map. At any rate, I don't think there's anything else I can do to better this program for english-speaking users at this point, but if anyone wants to use the translated database to create a new tool, go right ahead, it isn't my creation to begin with, I just translated it.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

KBMap.rar

Updated the database a little more and reposted it in a RAR with the entire program and a few extras. Click above to download or visit the thread I started HERE.

The thread includes a screenshot of the program that has a guide showing what some parts of the UI do or what the Russian says.

Last edited by Gaius315; 12-15-2008 at 07:06 PM.