Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Well - we are working on a mod - so we may afford not being 100% on planning, right?

Also I believe that focusing on balance in single player would be logical on one hand, but on costs of end fun on other hand...

When I feel I am too strong (only when playing easy) I just delete my units, but I more often miss some "secret power" (and I don't want to use cheats) when on impossible - just I want to challange the huge armies AND survive... MOD's that would somehow increase my power would be the solution here.

Well - I also believe that as soon we figure the way how to "pick up" from backup slot - we may than focus on the way of limiting it, so it would be still same great fun, but not so owerpowered.

Basically - battles where I had huge difficulties were when enemy used armageddon(Baal), or stole life (Korador) or had many red/black dragons - so for each three types more units would not be the "owerpowering" solution - as more units you have- armageddon is more effective, red dragons may have more targets, black dragons may still fly over six as over five units and Koradors vamps will just have more blood banks

The oposite effect would be quite overpowering : sacrifce one of original 5 slots and get +20% to INT for each (imagine to have only one stack - green dragons, so you would have +80% to INT - use gloth's armor + armageddon - that is owerpowered )

For instance I remember Fallout 2 - there were weapons which could kill 3 or more alliens on one hit (bozar, LMG) still when MODs where created - and these were called "balance" mods - these weapons gone even more powerfull - it was officialy called "owerpowered" still many downloaded it and nearly all liked it.

Well, on the other hand (some random thinking attacked me from flank) if this MOD would not be desired, the efforts to create it would go in vain... maybe we could create a POLL - (still even to create a poll - we would need as precise descriptin of what we want to create as possible) - based on the POLL we may decide wether or not invest the time (mostly Lestas's time ) in this MOD. So if you agree, feel free to iniciate the poll.

Last edited by Gatts; 12-08-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Thinking... I was... maybe
Old 12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Well that depends, I don't make mods for others, I make them for myself because I find it fun, so even if no one wants them, it wouldn't be a waste of my time. That said, I still believe that if anyone simply wanted to steamroll everything with overwhelming force, they would simply use leadership # and doublearmy cheats and go for it, whereas mods need to at least give the illusion of being somewhat balanced. Obviously if the idea is as insane as this one to begin with the mod is gonna end up overpowered no matter what you do but that doesn't mean that you should neglect even trying. Anyway, I likely won't help you guys with this unless you need any aid with the language files since I'm rather busy with other projects atm, so feel free to do this any way you want, just venting some suggestions.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Maybe...a player should pay not only for summon, but for each turn they fight at your side And you must press "Pay gold" button each turn or...if they aren't dead..they'll become very-very maaaad And I've already said...it can be also weakened by giving this ability to all enemy heroes and by limit to 2nd+ round to summon (time to ready troops to fight). Or maybe this summon should work not instantly, but on the next turn. So I think that constructive criticism is much better than saying "No!"
Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

and the lifetime would be limited :

1 round only + another round for each 15 INT
(or 15 ATT for the iron fist version)
and still you will pay for summon + for each round (where each subsequent round will cost double so much money - what would make it much MORE tricky on impossible )

And yep - the stack of reserve units may pop up next round after summon (like demon gate)
What makes sense - they are not part of your army - they are back up army - so it takes some real time till they can marsh in the battlefield... (or float/fly, whatever)