Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 12-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
The point is to provoke kraken so he won't be spawning devilfish - standing just before his main tentacle will do this - (it does not work always, but still often enough - so you have much more "free" rounds when he damages only your "provoke him" unit instead of summoning zounds of devilfish)

Other way around is to have thonrs - use the dead devilfish for new thorns - populate most of the battlefield with such summoned devil, so you gain:

1.) use the summoned thorns as provokative unit - win win situation
2.) if devilfish are summoned - if not free spaces are available - they won't be summoned - octopus loses one turn
3.) thorns are cheap and easy to get (mostly in Darion)
My army was composed of: thorns,thorns,inquisitors,evil beholders, sea dogs. Obviously this combo won't cut it. 2+1 ranged units for the Kraken, thorns to spawn more thorns and soaking damage and the expendable seaDogs for mopping up. Didn't work. Oh another thing: the spawned thorns are in their turn spawning less and less thorn offspring on each subsequent 'seeding'.
Quote:
or use Similar strategy as for the turtle - get DMG resistant unit - (ghosts) (cheaper than castin god's armor - which is expensive, lasts only few turns, hard to get) and cast on it archmagi "shield" - another 50% less DMG - if you are lucky, you have stoneskin - increasing phy res as well DEF (phy res is not cumulative... ) - place this unit direct in front main tentacle - use the rest 3 slots for archers and shoot it down (even if the octopus will summon devilfish you will shoot em down)
Do mind that with good enough ATT/DEF your ghosts can last "alive" for very long time - the actually can replenish themselves from fighting octopus (or even better - they get hit by octopus, but can steal life from devilfish - but you should be very cautions how you handle them - on impossible level your limit of ghosts jumps over 100% leadership - and they will fight you instead)
I will give it a shot, with the ghosts I mean. I have a ghost den somewhere on the map. A stranded ship maybe. I have access to royal snakes too, I left them garrisoned because I thought they would die too easily by those tentacles.
Oh, and i have slightly less than 5000 leadership only, 17 INT, 15 DEF, 8 ATT, 45 rage 90 mana...
Quote:
I used thorns + ghosts nearly always when fighting octopus... (2 stacks ghosts, 2 stakcs thorns... on shooter) - if you are lucky - you can get some cool shooter like alchemist (only 3 hexagons range, but in that battlefield it is very usefull) or canoneers (creepy fast)... or when you already have undead in army - use skel archers...
Don't be afraid to use any archers - even human - even if you are not paladin with "tolerance" skill - -20% is not that bad (in normal HOMM you would lose control over them - they would lose turns in combat... having lover att/def/critical is not such big deal)
Archmages can cast shield - but they don't deal such nice damage on shooting.
I don't see how could I fill all the hexes with anything, there are too many hexes on that deck, many right under the Kraken's tentacles.
I am now off to the Mines. Will try to sneak my way through. I can't beat the female Dwarven hero patrolling there, but I already managed once to sneak past her. Her patrolling path is quite big and there are many nooks and crannies/intersections for me to hide.
I feel awfully underpowered since i am lacking some critical spells/units. Hope this will change soon!
This game, from dealing sheer amounts of fun, turned up to be a major source of frustration for me. And this is all on 'Normal'. Heck, Normal is not all THAT normal, is it?
Thanks for the hints, guys, keep them coming!

Last edited by YENKO; 12-02-2008 at 12:11 AM.