Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Make some more tempting targets. For instance, get a unit with high initiative (like griffins, sprites or dryads) and send them to cause havoc. Dryads can make thorns, which the enemy AI is often very keen on killing first. You can also use the spell which makes a clone of one of your armies to create what's basically a kamikaze troop, that hurries into the enemy's rank to prevent them from attacking you.

Also, there's a might-skill that gives you higher initiative during the first round. It's quite useful, as it allows you to get the first hits (and often your elf archers will get their turn before any of the opponents has a chance to do anything).
Old 10-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

thanks very much
Old 10-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Approved Member

Addition to what Kolorabi said:

And don't forget about spell "Target", because, as i understand, enemy archer units causes you damage (and they are mostly not lvl 5), so put target spell on your "tank" unit and enemy will attack him instead of your archers.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Im finding it quite easy on normal as a warrior (it was pretty hard at the start..)..i just done the whole elven lands with just polar bears, royal snakes and shaman with two slots free! only cos i didnt want to waste cash on any of those pansy units they sell.. level 3 phantom is just too good and with rage maxed and beserk, the snakes and bears do like 10k+ damage! might have to beef up a bit for the land of the dead tho..

yeah i wanna find that target spell as well, the ai archers/spellcasters ALWAYS go for my archers...
Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

In actual fact I am finding Hard to be not much of a challenge now. In elven lands, level 20 and I have avoided the money problems I had in my first hard game. I just upgraded my mage's staffs (2 of them) to I think Archmage staff (+5 intellect and 20% better lightning) and now I am cleaning up in Magic Valley. Off to the Land of Death soon.

I am going to have a break from King's Bounty soon. I have got work tomorrow, as well as The Witcher: Enhanced Edition of which I have only played through the prologue. But I will finish my Hard Mage game first. Ultimately, I think only Impossible will provide a suitable challenge.