Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Game won't start

Hi,
I have a problem with recently purchased CLOD on DVD.
I have installed the game, connected to Steam, validated etc., but still, all I see when I try to launch it is just the golden wheel with a plane.
I tried to reinstall Steam (from C: to D, reinstalled CLOD (from C: to D, reinstalled .NET, tried also 4.5, reinstalled DX, downloaded newest nVidia drivers...
What should I do next in order to play? Where can I see any logs from the game in order to find out what's wrong?

Thanks

Here are my computer specifications:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, drivers 307.83.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.120330-1503)
Language: Czech (Regional Setting: Czech)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/12/06 00:28:03 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3456MB RAM
Page File: 1527MB used, 5382MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

I´ll bring it to you short and painless:

Forget it with that system. It just won´t run with an acceptable performance.
What you need is:

Windows 7 64 Bit (!!!).
Graphics card with 1Ghz GPU and 2 GB VRAM.
Your CPU would probably be good enough, same for the ram. But if you want to upgrade, I think that a completely new system would make more sense.

Sorry to bring that to you, but CloD never played on 32bit-Systems. What´s more, the system-requirements printed on the box are just way too low. This was messed up with the release of the game.

I´m sorry for you and hope you will be able to play the game with the next system you will buy. If you need any advice with getting new hardware, I would post here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php

The hardcore cliffs of dover-players are all there.

Good luck, and again: I´m sorry for you...
Old 12-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.

Actually it's my father-in-law's computer, he's an Il2 enthusiast
You are right, I was pretty much convinced that the game won't run smoothly with high details, but I was expecting it to start at least
However, I can reinstall the OS to W7 x64, if that's the biggest issue that prevents the game from starting. I wasn't aware of the fact that CLOD doesn't work on 32bit OS.
And we'll see what happens then
Old 12-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

I wish you good luck, but I guess the graphics card will still be an issue. You will have to play at the lowest possible settings... and that does not look nice...
Old 12-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Thank you. Yeah, he has an old computer, only for browsing internet and for some old version of Il-2

And how's the Il-2 Birds of Steel for Playstation 3? Is it still a nice simulator or more like an arcade game? He has a 55" TV so maybe it makes more sense to buy PS3 since they're pretty cheap nowadays, and play on a big screen without any HW or SW problems...
Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Hi

I have no idea about birds of steel but you will never ever reach the simulation-level of CloD on a PS3 or XBOX.

It depends on what you want, but if you don´t care about beeing a little bit arcadish, then "warthunder" would be an option. i think that could play on an old system...