Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 11-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Leavers....

I dont know whether I am the only one experiencing this lately, but I cant really recall a game that would have no leavers in it. This problem was present for me all the time, but lately it got absolutely ridicolous.

I usually host my own lobbies, so I can just restart the game without problems, but when people constantly leave after they lose their first squad or a Grehound... it gets extremely frustrating.

I am not talking newbies around here. Newer and lower ranked players tend to finish their games, but people with 1000 - 2000 games never do. They swear, blame their teammates, their opponents, and have generally a really bad attitude. I started blocking the players that leave, but shall it continue like this, I will have half of the community blocked.

Anyone else having this problem ? I sure hope the sequel will have some kind of a protection against this.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Yes, they are a real pain in the neck. I dont know what to do against them. Block them, yes, I always check the "disconnected X times" entry in their stats, but a pro knows how to keep his record clean. Sometimes ppl only got a CTD, you can't distinguish if the guy's a quitter or crashed.

A good indicator who will be a quitter is who posts "gogogo" and got little patience for the slots to fill up. My usual habit: gogogo = kick! More gogogo=block

Hosting smaller games myself I also noticed that quite a lot it's the veteran players who quit as soon as they see their tactic doesnt work or their teammates waste material. Lower ranks usually quit when all their ressource points are gone. To counter that you can set the manpower high, so the noob can waste and waste and waste and still got something to waste.

Quitters ruin up to 15 ppl's game. I thought about sorting them, ppl who quit, ppl who quit but at least say they'll quit, ppl who suddenly got other things to do and hand-over their assets to their teammates. But it's far too much work.

A key problem in MoWAS: players dont communicate, very seldom cooperate or stay for a debriefing. It's an ego-game. Sometimes there is a highlight: Communicative players before the game starts, lot's of in-game chatter, tactical thinking, comradeship and a friendly after-game discussion. It doesn't matter if the game was lost or won.

You are not alone with that common problem .
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

hopefully things will be better with mowas 2 and its steamworks mp support.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane