Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Still struggling with the Joystick Setup

I've looked at most of the X-52 setups and info. and nowhere can I find advice on how to start the process. Here are my questions.
1. Do I have to delete all the ingame Control inputs in order to apply inputs to the Stick through the Profile Editor?
2. If I have both inputs working will this mess them both up?
3. If I delete all the Control Inputs ingame can I easily reset them if I need to?
4. Which is the preferred method of Control, Profile Editor or using the ingame Controls?
5. I'm using TIR so does this free up the tophats for other uses?
6. Which X-52 Profile available is considered the best for CLOD?

Now I have Win7/64 and Mod 4.0, I can only applaud all the people who have lifted this sim from near-death to one of the most enjoyable flight sims on the market. just looking at that opening screen with the Anson flying over the lakes and the setting (rising?) sun in the background quickens my heart and makes me say, "Well done, all of you, and Thank You!"
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

hi whizkid...I don't use the x52, but try this out it probably also has a readme to help you out
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...ry/91-joystick

good luck!...also search YouTube I'm sure there are a few how to's

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 11-19-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, SlipBall, but this doesn't really help, as I still have the same problems. However, Airwarfare is one I didn't check, so there may be something there.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Approved Member

Well it's pretty quiet around this place maybe ask your questions over at the ATAG site, more experts there.

1. I would guess no

3. Just make a copy of confUser.ini now you have the defaults saved...found in 1C SoftClub
4. I prefer in game

5. yes of course they would be free

6. that would have to be the one that you create yourself

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 11-20-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
1. Do I have to delete all the ingame Control inputs in order to apply inputs to the Stick through the Profile Editor?
If you plan use Saitek Software profiles, you can't delete in game controls, because what the software do is:

Joystick button press generate a keyboard press that execute a game function
e.g. Joystick button 1 = press Space = that Fire guns.

So if you dont have keys assigned for games functions, joystick buttons is not able do do nothing.

Unless you map the in "direct mode", assign buttons for games functions,
e.g. Joystick button 1 = Fire guns

Quote:
3. If I delete all the Control Inputs ingame can I easily reset them if I need to?
You need backup the file ConfUser.ini, the game dont have function "Reset controls to default" (like il-2:'46).

Quote:
4. Which is the preferred method of Control, Profile Editor or using the ingame Controls?
I prefer Joystick buttons direct assign to game functions, this allow me change settings during flights, no need edit and load profiles. And avoid accidental actions by hit some keyboard key, that make function for some Joystick button.

FYI - You can create different in game settings and save with name of specific plane (as example) and load then even during flight (hit Esc, go to Controls and load).

Quote:
5. I'm using TIR so does this free up the tophats for other uses?
Yes, in case you can use HAT's for trims, radiators, etc...

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 11-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You may have read that CloD GUI & controls are "ugly, porked, clumsy, counter intuitive..." but for me is the most flexible that I see in "WW II" simulators (FS & "jets" is not "my beach").

Samples (one dont need use this).

-You can modify axis behavior with key/button press.
e.g. I use Y axis - default elevator - as "park brakes", pressing a key (P) and moving this axis, releasing the key brakes are hold and during this elevator dont move.

-You can modify a button press with another button (or key).
e.g. Joystick button 1 fire MGs, but if I press Joystick 3 - assigned to look front - and press Joystick 1, now he press "Wheel brakes".

Joystick button 2 fire cannon, but if press and hold joystick button 3 first, joystick button 2 now drop bombs, so is not need a exclusive button for drop bombs (a function if used is for half second in every mission).

-Since Controls are divide in several categories (Aircraft, Camera, View...) you can set one button or key to simultaneous do things from different categories.
e.g. Button 3 "look front" and at the same time set FOV in 70 degrees.

In British planes you can control Boost with joystick throttle, set 100% power in ~97% of joystick throttle course, so if BCC valve are OFF the remain 3% of joystick throttle course engage/disengage Boost in similar way on real aircraft.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "

Last edited by Sokol1; 11-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.