Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Default No Sound in Game

l bought the PC DVD-ROM version but it requires Steam, no mention of this on the box or in the manual, l do have Steam installed anyway.

Upon playing the game there is no sound at all.

l had this problem with all the other Kings Bounty games l have, it was caused by me using USB speakers and fixed by having to go into Data then Default and changing Force Soundcard from -1 to 0. There is no Data in this version so does anyone have any idea how to get the sound working without buying new speakers.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy View Post
l bought the PC DVD-ROM version but it requires Steam, no mention of this on the box or in the manual, l do have Steam installed anyway.
Yes, I hate Steam and such things too. Too often first thing after buying game is to grab pirate copy that does not require Steam, Origin or other BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy View Post
Upon playing the game there is no sound at all.

l had this problem with all the other Kings Bounty games l have, it was caused by me using USB speakers and fixed by having to go into Data then Default and changing Force Soundcard from -1 to 0. There is no Data in this version so does anyone have any idea how to get the sound working without buying new speakers.
I think they have not removed data folder completly, maybe that is somewhere else? Try Windows search.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Found it at last. Now the sound is working.

If anyone else has this problem do this.

Go to your Program Files, then go to the following.
Steam
SteamApps
Common
King's Bounty - Warriors of the North
data
Change Force Soundcard near the bottom from -1 to 0, then save in File.

All sound should work now.