Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Default il-2 CloD "free".

For the next 72 hours.
Just buy another game for 10$ and get il-2:CloD too.

So you dont need say to his nansayers friends who bought this "bugfest thing".

www.GetLoadedGo.com

Sokol1
Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the hint, Sokol1!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

You should have posted this on some of the other SHQ boards (Read IL2, CoD, BoS etc.. all of them..) from the git ...

Look my take on it is this.. Yes... CoD was a pig out of the gate.. granted.. Old news. It has gotten better.. but regardless, it is a player and it has a spot in the pantheon of WWII sims over the past decade for better or worse.. and even though there was a lot of worse.. especially initially ... there is a lot of better.. especially now, so things like this need to be shouted from the rooftops not tucked away in the CoD boards. At this point .. with BoS coming out and this RRG/DCS thing looming.. what have you got to loose.. Spread the word man .. CoD still has issues for me.. most notably the FFB .. but it is not a bad product.. and better than it has ever been for the masses. So don't be shy.. you have NOTHING to loose.. and believe me .. once BoS comes out .. unless it tanks.. and this RRG/DCS thing ... it will be even more difficult to get folks to do a retake on CoD .. a very well deserved retake I might add.. so fans of CoD have nothing to loose.. As long as it is done with class.. go tell it on the mountain .. and stop preaching to the choir.

One more thing... and this may raise a few hackles.. but you guys need to STOP calling this sim CloD. PLEASE... PLEASE.... PLEASE stop calling it CloD.

PLEEEEAAASSEEE!!!!

Quote:
clod (kld)
n.
1. A lump or chunk, especially of earth or clay.
2. Earth or soil.
3. A dull, stupid person; a dolt.
[Middle English, variant of clot, lump; see clot.]
Yeah guys I get it.. I do .. You don't want to confuse this product with Call of Duty.. but do you really think that anyone would connect aircraft with Call of Duty? Think about it... SO WHAT if it's the same acronym ... Clod... YIKES!! GADZOOKS man I could never bring myself to even use the term.. and fans of the sim are.. wait for it... waaaaiit for it.... Clodites??!!! C'mon guys.. fugheddabouddit.. forget Clod. Hell if you want to distinguish it from Call of Duty then do the extra work and type IL2CoD .... ANYTHING but CloD ....

Wow.... that was... amazingly cathartic.. I hd no idea I had been holding that in for so long...

Last edited by Bearcat; 08-29-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
3. A dull, stupid person; a dolt.
And this is not what some haters say about people that who bought... CloD™

Appropriate.

BTW - I am "Clodites" (buy 3 keys).

Sokol1