Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Default A few noob questions that could resume common issues...:-)

Hi all mates, I have just buy the game and I have some questions that its hard to resolve by searching and/or are too old to find info and could be very useful for newer users like me and to resume some common issues/general questions so hope you can help us a bit...here I go:

Graphics/performance:

I have i5 2500k 4,4Ghz/2x6870 Xfire 1 gb/8gb RAM 1600/1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache...

-I have set all to max settings except SSAO (I use SMAA injector in ultra with no AA checked from game menu) and I can see my fps is quite lock at 60fps (vsync on of course, otherwise I get lots of stutterings even with one card) and smooth as silk until I reach very low flight over trees, then the ground stutters like crazy...as soon as I elevete a bit everything gets silk smooth. I have tried disabling grass with no result so...is there something I can do to solve this?? its the most annoying problem of all for me...

-Ground shadows flickers a lot!!!! they seem to be of very low res...is there any way to change/solve/improve that????

-Planes skin res is very low even with maxed textures (original)...I cant see any HIGH res skin out there...is there any way to improve that???

-Propeller animation seems corrupted or something for every plane I fly (im not talking about prop reflection effect, wich I actually like)...its like the prop stops spinning a fraction of a second every few seconds and makes many flickers...THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!!!. Can I solve this???I found something about this but not a lot and finally w/ a solution...

-Stick animation movement is very choppy like its running at very low fps when my fps are very high...any solution??(my USB and HOTAS is working perfectly fine)

Game controls:

-I cant find a way to MOVE my head inside the cockpit like done with trakIR, I mean I can turn my head but not MOVE it up, down, right and left no matter what conbination of keys I push in the mouse?¿?¿?¿?

-In the external view...how the hell can I get closer or the opposite from the plane, I mean NOT changing the FOV or zooming but MOVING the cam near the plane?¿?¿?¿?I have tried a lot of conbinations with no succes...

Weather:

-I have seen some screens with a nice "morning" haze/fog in the ground...how can I set that weather?¿?¿? I can only see the amount of clouds and its base altitude???thats all I can configure for a free flight???

-Sun glare effect seems too hard...is there a way to lower it???

Many thanks to all Im loving this sim and sorry for my poor english mates!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Hi waterman,

Stick animation is rubbish. It is delayed and choppy and to a similar extent so are the flight controls. Just forget it, hopefully TF can crack the game enough to sort it out.

You have a powerful rig there, you shouldn't get any chopping tbh but there may be a problem with the Xfire setup, I think this needs some set up. I don't have it myself but I have seen it.

Sun glare will be fixed in the new patch (due very soon)

I can give you some skins to try out and I'd like to see a shot to see what you get.

Weather is set in the map in the FMB - If you are not familiar with this tool it's too much to answer here.

TrackIR is supported - do you have it?

I think the bulk of your problems will simply be settings for those cards, a bit of configuration and you'll be fine. Shadow do flicker from some angles

If you join our group on Teamspeak I'm sure we'll be able to help out. Are you an allied or axis pilot? Our website is www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

Teamspeak 3
85.236.100.27:24637
password 'acg'

Just turn up and join us for a flight or two.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Wow!!!! many, many thanks mate!!!!

-Any advice about the prop animation???as its very very very annoying!!...if I set the time speed to a lower value I can see it clearly doing weird things and even spinning split a second in the wrong direction!!!

-So stick animation is broken...well is the minor problem then haha(who/what is TF??)

-About crossfire, well, I have tested with several config with no succes (AFR/1x1/the radeon pro way, etc.)...indeed the best working "profile" (there isnt an "official" one from AMD) is the default ....so I dont know what to do as I have tried too capping the fps to 59/60, with and w/ vsync...maybe a Vram problem here?? but I dont see a very big difference in the presentation when flying at 30 meters and at 20 meters to make such a difference in performance?¿?¿?¿?

-There will be more patches?¿?¿?¿?¿? ...I thought there wont be any more patches???? when is the next patch suposed to be launched????

-Ok, I would love to test those skins mate!!! I have tried one from a french page but seems to be in the same league than the originals(in terms of quality resolution)

-The map in the FMB is the editor one???

-No, I dont have track IR ...thats the reason I want to know how to use the 6dof without it...

-I would love to be advised to correctly set-up my crossfire mate!!! Its a honor for me to be invited mate !!!! but I cant speak english so well to do that nor I have the capability to make a serious flying with you (I bought the game yesterday at 2,5 euro ) ...If its not a problem I prefer to write right now , but I will do a flight when ready!!

Many thanks again for your reply and your time!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

I'm on comms now, just jump in and we can chat about it if you like.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Im really sorry man!!!, but Im doing my final engineering project now as we talk , so Im not able to chat right now (I just can do a little test later in the night , in 2 hours if you can??) hope you understand Im a bit ... my time is a bit "crazy" these days im sorry...many thanks for helping!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

No problem at all, I might not be there but join in with whatever is going on!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Default I manage 2xHD 6970's with MSI Afterburner

My system is similar. I manage CrossfireX'd HD 6970's with MSI Afterburner set at:
Core Voltage: 1200mV
Power Limit: +10
Core clock: 950MHz (As high as it will go)
Memory Clock: 1450 (As high as it will go)

Adjust Settings\Fan page: Enable user defined auto control so that 50C provides 20% and 80C provides 100%. My Temps do not exceed 70C with these settings on my all air-cooled machine. The fans get noisy, but consider it as sound effects when flying a WW2 fighter. I don't even notice it.

Performance is stellar!

ASUS Rampage III Formula, I7-950 O/C to 4.2GHz, 12 GB Corsair 1603MHz RAM, SanDisk 240GB SSD, EVGA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium Sound, 1KW PSU, 30" Dell U3011 monitor, TrackIR5, modified Saitek X-52 & Combat Rudder Pedals, Buttkicker Seat Feel, Win 7 Pro, EVGA Precision X, VAC System voice control.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

I get the crazy propeller animations too, on both friendly and enemy aircraft, I assume it's intentional, I know it's ridiculous but I can't imagine it's accidental.