Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Default A doubt regarding ammunitions

In a single belt there are several types of ammunitions, but how can I know their loading sequence? For example, in Bf109 E3's default loadout there are 6 types for every 7,92 mm gun: the first three are spitzgeschoss mit kern, no tracer, still when I pull the trigger I see tracers too. Is the one indicated in the loadout screen the loading sequence, i.e. 3 Sp.m.k, 1 tracer, 2 incendiaries..?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

If You're flying offline you're stuck with the default loadouts unless the mission file specifies differently. If You're flying online remove the rounds which have 'gelb' in their name from the machine gun belts. As far as cannons go, there will always be a smoke trail.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcastel57 View Post
In a single belt there are several types of ammunitions, but how can I know their loading sequence? For example, in Bf109 E3's default loadout there are 6 types for every 7,92 mm gun: the first three are spitzgeschoss mit kern, no tracer, still when I pull the trigger I see tracers too. Is the one indicated in the loadout screen the loading sequence, i.e. 3 Sp.m.k, 1 tracer, 2 incendiaries..?
You don't say which mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadoMarxist View Post
If You're flying offline you're stuck with the default loadouts unless the mission file specifies differently. If You're flying online remove the rounds which have 'gelb' in their name from the machine gun belts. As far as cannons go, there will always be a smoke trail.
This is a very old misconception about the game, so yes "mission file specifies differently" should be done...you can have any load out in any mission, takes but a few minutes to edit to one's liking. Here is a straight AP load out example for marcastel57

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-21-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
You don't say which mission
It doesn't depend on the mission...I would like to have, for example, a loading option with a sequence of one tracer, one incendiary and one "normal" bullet in every 7,92 gun. Is this the sequence that I should save in the guns' page of the loadout screen?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcastel57 View Post
It doesn't depend on the mission...I would like to have, for example, a loading option with a sequence of one tracer, one incendiary and one "normal" bullet in every 7,92 gun. Is this the sequence that I should save in the guns' page of the loadout screen?

Yes you need to create that for each individual aircraft that you would like to have a custom load-out option. Then you would need to load that created loadout for your mission. Stock game missions would need to be edited as to the loadout desired...go ahead to the plane options page and create what you would like, then save as "CCustom" this will leave no doubt in your mind when loading.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

SlipBall,

Thanks for the insight, I guess it's worth experimenting with.