Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Default Please help me with this error!!!

Everytime I go to play a mission, training event, or what ever it may be, towards the end of the loading bar (around 80%) an error will pop up and say "An external component has thrown an exception." And it will kick me out of the loading screen and back to the menu. When I try to do it again It'll keep kicking me out until the game crashes. Please help! I mean I when I pay $50 for a game I expect to atleast be able to play the God damn thing... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time
Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

This probably due to insufficient RAM and nothing to do with the cost of the game.
Please supply basic system specs when reporting problems, RAM, Processor, Graphics card, the more information you give the speedier the diagnosis
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

Wow! So i turned down the graphics from Very High to Medium in order to see if that would help. And it seemed like the game was just about to work but right at 95% the game froze and an error popped up saying,"Runtime Error! Program:...mapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\launcher.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact development team for information." Whats this all about now???? If its not one error message its another!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

System specs?
Try turning off grass, trees etc in advanced graphics options
Old 07-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Registered Member

I'm sorry but I dont know the system specs as of right now but I do know that the computer should be able to handle it as it can handle Crysis 1 and 2 at a 30+ fps on full graphics. Okay so now I went onto another computer to see if it'd work and it did... Well kind of... When the game begins it sends me back to a black screen but I can still hear everything... What is going on with this game!? Thanks for your time!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

If you're not willing to make a little effort to provide basic easily obtainable information it is pointless trying to help you
Old 03-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

the same problem with win 7 32bit " runtime error",screen freezes,launcher.exe stopped working,
my pc data sent on the link
http://www.filefactory.com/file/39e0...z/n/DxDiag_txt

report pc

http://www.filefactory.com/file/19djpu52ynkz/