Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

Default Help with tweaking

Hi

I Purchased CloD on steam a few days ago and I'm just trying it get it running nice as I'm suffering from lots of stuttering and micro stuttering which makes it very unenjoyable. I've been playing 1946 for years and this is quite different so i need some guidance as I don't know what else to do. I'm not trying to run the game maxed or on all high and I'm not running at my native 1920x1080 res. See my settings below in a screenshot.

My specs:

AMD FX 8320 3.79 Ghz
MSI GTX 660ti PE 2GB
8 Gigs of RAM
Asus sabertooth 990FX Motherboard
500GB HDD
700W OCZ PSU
Win7 64bit

Any help would be appreciated

S~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (265.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ncp1.jpg (601.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg ncp2.jpg (585.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

Try setting the antialiasing option in the game to OFF, and in your nvidia control panel set Antialiasing - Mode to "invalidate any application configuration" then set it to 2x (in the nvidia control panel) (leave always the game option to off) Try that. It might help, or it might not.

Josef Frantisek - 303 Squadron
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

What is the reasoning for using the above suggested setting please. Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Lorenzo,

Because in game Anti Aliasing dont work - or work bad.
So for AA use the above recommended sets in your VGA control panel.

Or use third part software FlightFX -Graphical Interfaced for SweetFX or just SweetFX files witouh interface - that allow easy tweak.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 02-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Would the recommended setting be the same for 1946. I have both a standard installation and a HsFx 6 installation.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

yeah Just 4x AA and AF in 1946 because thats whats its built to run on at max I believe
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Captnclownage: I have some suggestions regarding your settings:

• Model Detail: set this to ‘Medium’ – you will not see any reduction in quality as you will only get high model detail with texture quality set to ‘Original’. You will see an increase in fps.
• Buildings detail: try this on ‘Medium’ as well – this reduces the amount of detail drawn on the buildings (ridges, smoke stack detail, etc.) but won’t really be noticeable, but you will get an increase in fps.
• Forest: you can set this higher than ‘Low’ without any fps loss (you have enough VRAM).
• Visual Effects: I run this on ‘High’ due to the horrible appearance of glass canopies on ‘Medium’. This will also not cost much fps.
• Anti-aliasing: turn this off and use an ‘aftermarket’ post-processing routine like ‘SweetFX’. I use Buchon’s SMAA which works better than in-game AA with no fps loss (search for one of his posts, he has a link in his sig). The game does not support anything more than 2xAA anyway.
• VSYNC: on – this prevents frame tearing when looking around the cockpit and does not affect performance.
• Buildings Amount: this setting affects the number of buildings that are textured, not rendered – the lower this setting is, the more ‘brown boxes’ you will see. Setting this to ‘Unlimited’ over London will result in no brown boxes and a frame rate in the 20’s, so it’s a bit of a compromise. Over the rest of the map you will not see any brown boxes with this on ‘High’, except occasionally over Le Havre.

With the above settings I get frame rates between 45 and 60, with a Black Death track average of 38fps - you should get similar. I also leave all my graphic driver settings at default.

S!

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit