Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Default Error Code when starting lessons in COD

I'm very new to learning how to use this game. It looks great so far and I'm still "in training".

It took a while (as in several hours) to download from STEAM - I live in rural Canada where on a good day I get 5 mps download speed, usually less, much less. So STEAM and me do not get along. I'll be very very leary of buying another STEAM game, it is not friendly to those of us who live on the rural side of the technological divide.

Anyway, when I click on the lessons in the training section I get the following error message:

I have yet to find the manufacturers support team website to ask them what's up but I found this site so thought I'd ask if anyone here has solved this problem already.

IF I click on any of the buttons on that error code, (abort, retry or ignore, or try to close the window) the game crashes. If I just 'ignore' it by pulling it off to the side of my screen and pretending it is not there, it eventually goes away and the game seems to play OK.

FYI: I'm running the game in Windows 7 (Home Premium) with 16 GB of available ram (the PC actually has 32 GB but Win7 Home only recognizes 16). I built the rig myself, it is based on the new Trinity chipset by AMD, I'm using the A10 5800K APU on an ASUS F2 A85M board and have two ASUS HD6670's running in Xfire using AMD's Vision Control System (catalyst). I run a three screen array with a 4800x900 resolution (that's 55" of screen from side to side). I use AMD's Eyefinity to manage the three screens as one display.

I was somewhat disappointed by the FRAPS FPS report (10 - 25 fps) but visually the game seems to look OK. I've tried High, Medium and Low video settings (only minor change in FPS??) and all three ways gets the same error code.

Last edited by Fortkentdad; 02-09-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Changed the location of the image to a gallery on this forum
Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortkentdad View Post
Anyway, when I click on the lessons in the training section I get the following error message:

I can see your error image as an URL in the edit window, but I can't see it in the thread, and if I try to go to it in my browser, nothing appears. Not that I'd know what I was looking at anyway probably, but a point of information in regard to those that might.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

I copied the image into a new album I just created on this forum site. I trust everyone can see the image now.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Try checking the integrity of your steam-installed game.

1. Right-click the steam icon in you active task bar & select 'library'.
2. On the left side of the steam library window, you should have Cliffs of Dover listed.
3. Right-click on 'Cliffs of Dover' in the game list & select 'properties'.
3. In the properties screen, select the 'local files' tab.
4. In local files, click the 'verify integrity of game cache' button.

If that doesn't work, then try to reinstall the C# libraries by:

1. navigate to your X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\VCRedist folder.
2. Click on the vcredist_x86.exe application & run it.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE

Last edited by salmo; 02-10-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Default One file repaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
Try checking the integrity of your steam-installed game.

1. Right-click the steam icon in you active task bar & select 'library'.
2. On the left side of the steam library window, you should have Cliffs of Dover listed.
3. Right-click on 'Cliffs of Dover' in the game list & select 'properties'.
3. In the properties screen, select the 'local files' tab.
4. In local files, click the 'verify integrity of game cache' button.

If that doesn't work, then try to reinstall the C# libraries by:

1. navigate to your X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\redist\VCRedist folder.
2. Click on the vcredist_x86.exe application & run it.
Followed your excellent step by step instruction and Steam found one file in need of repair, repaired it, and a second test found no errors.

Thanks.