Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

so here is where you guys come to when dumped from the vaporized threads...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Do you have any game questions, you seem to be here just to let off some steam
Actually I have asked game questions in other threads.. but this thread is titled "locked threads on il2.." if I am not mistaken no? So I am actually on topic. I am just responding to a thread that OBVIOUSLY is directed at me at the very least indirectly.

@ Kendo .. You are correct... being a mod is a thankless task under certain circumstances but my philosophy is .. If I am going to be maligned for doing my job as amoderator then I would much rather be makigned by those who are behaving in a manner and treating people in a fashion that I would prefer not to. On the flipnside if I am going to be considered fair I would prefer to be considered fair by people who actually understand what fairness actually is.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
okay.....

"A sensible manner = a manner where people that may have vastly different points of view can still manage to discuss the good and bad sides of the coin from both sides in an adult fashion, without letting emotion bleed into it, without namecalling, without being attacked for having a different point of view than the other side.

How that be, when you consider some people to be "small-minded, foul-mouthed and frothing trolls"? doesn't that very premise negate your position?
Do you honestly want me to believer, Wolf, that you don't know the difference from a discussion between two sensible people and someone who just wants to troll and provoke a shit-throwing contest? You have been here on these boards long enough that the difference between them should be rather obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
I already have several different interpretations of what "free speech" is, Fjordmonkey. I was asking you for yours... but to save a lot of grief, I'll just cut the chase and offer "calling people names", just inhibits their right to free speech through intimidation.
If someone is intimidated by another member on an internet discussion-board, then I would say that the 'net is probably not for them. Especially if you're dealing with a forum where you have people of many different nationalities and languages present.

My interpretation of what free speech actually happens to be on an internet board is irrelevant, since there IS no free speech on a forum like this. Asking me what my definition is in regards to real life is equally irrelevant, since that doesn't have any bearings on what happens here. But since you asked, I'll answer: Personally, I think that free speech is nonexistent, since unless you can't, in any country of the world, say absolutely anything you want without being punished for it.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Ok

enough is enough

Please note any more threads started here regarding moderation on other forums and discussions of moderation decisions
will be deleted and the member given an infraction or banned.

If a thread is started regarding the above and replied to before moderation is applied, all involved will receive infractions or bans.

Thanks

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-09-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Closed Thread