Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Bomber gunners: Snipers?

I'm on the 3rd mission of the CoD campaign (the one where you and your flight leader have to shoot down a damaged He111.) I've tried this mission 2 times and every time i get anywhere near the bomber, its gunners chews my plane out like i'm target practice. The first time i admit i did it wrong as i was just staying on its tail to try and land clean shots. The second time i came from the side with good speed and i still managed to get destroyed. To me it feels highly unrealistic that the gunners are THAT effective. Its also very frustrating to say the least. Is there any way to reduce the effectiveness of the gunners to a realistic level?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Seems like 3rd time's the charm, i managed to shoot it down without any damage. My flight leader, on the other hand, had to head back to base after the first pass from a damaged engine. But from all the bomber interception quick missions i did while optimizing my graphic settings i still feel the gunners are overpowered. I remember zooming past a group of Heinkels in a Spitfire at very high speed and still getting shot up like i was immobile.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

You can open this mission in FMB and lower gunners skill.

But, a damaged (and pilotless) Heinkel may still deadly - as IRL:

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 01-02-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

I understand a bomber can remain dangerous until the end. My concern was more about the effectiveness of its gunners. I find they're too good shots to be realistic IMHO.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

I don't remember having trouble with a Heinkle, the lethal one on the original COD campaign was the lone FW200! Maybe that is later.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Well i finally met your lone FW200, Roblex, and you're right... Hes a real PITA!
I keep thinking (and even more after this mission) that those gunners are way too accurate and takes all the fun out of shooting bombers.
Which is a shame since its the only problem i have with the game.