Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Aaaah this looks great, but I cannot download as it is out of bandwith. Can anyone set up a mirror?

Thanks

Hood
Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...d-raf-campaign

does this link work?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Yes. Thank you.

Hood
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

I have also added a Mirror to the Redux.exe file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?se2chnbbsxl675x

Cheers, MP
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Thanks all sounds great apart from one wee issue... an RAF campaign based around a Yank pilot.. shame, especially considering the political position between US & UK at the time of BoB. Not the US's finest hour.

Look forward to checking it out.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Thanks all sounds great apart from one wee issue... an RAF campaign based around a Yank pilot.. shame, especially considering the political position between US & UK at the time of BoB. Not the US's finest hour.

I was wondering the why about that also

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Actually Tommy, I couldn't disagree more. Although the political situation was not good between the USA and UK at the time (war plan red anyone?), much was made about the American pilots (we even had a detachment of American Home Guards in the UK). When Billy Fiske was killed in 1940, it was heavily publicized and there was even a plaque unveiled at St. Paul's cathedral on 4th July 1941. He's actually buried in Boxgrove, just north of Tangmere where he was stationed.
I think a BoB RAF campaign about an American pilot is a nice touch, although it could of been made about any of nations involved in the battle.

http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/

Last edited by Moggy; 12-10-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Actually Tommy, I couldn't disagree more. Although the political situation was not good between the USA and UK at the time (war plan red anyone?), much was made about the American pilots (we even had a detachment of American Home Guards in the UK). When Billy Fiske was killed in 1940, it was heavily publicized and there was even a plaque unveiled at St. Paul's cathedral on 4th July 1941. He's actually buried in Boxgrove, just north of Tangmere where he was stationed.
I think a BoB RAF campaign about an American pilot is a nice touch, although it could of been made about any of nations involved in the battle.
The campaign is inspired on a real US pilot, not a fictional one. So even it takes that into account, because the pilot had to go to Canada to enlist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_W._McColpin

As for why, I think I read on Simhq that the mod crew looked at the unit for the default campaign 607 Sq, and then looked at famous aces of that squadron to make their story. There was only a couple of choices and his was the most interesting.

I thought it was here, but there is more on Sim HQ:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3664420

Last edited by planespotter; 12-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Surely this makes him even more worthy of our thanks, he was willing to come over and help us even though his country was still saying it was not their problem.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

My new year wish: a Luftwaffe REDUX by these same guys.