Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Default Criteria needed to get wingmen to attack

The excerpt below is taken from the manual that comes with Desastersoft's Adolf Galland add-on. I've only flown a couple of missions but both times was unable to get my wingmen to engage the enemy even though I believe all of the criteria below had been met. On both occasions I could clearly see the enemy aircraft and my wingmen were in close formation.

I'm aware that this is not a problem with the add-on but more than likely a 'quirk' of CloD. Am I missing something?

Order your wingmen to attack enemy aircraft:-

Always remember: You should have sufficient altitude, around 1.000 m respectively 3.000 feet.

After taking off you should close up your ranks a bit.

1. Open your radio menu

2. Choose option 6 - Formation

3. Choose option 2 - Formation – and set it to Close

4. Head to the target area

Once you encounter enemy aircraft you should

1. Open your radio menu.

2. Choose option 5 – Air Targets. There you see five options. As long as option number 5, Attack my target, is dark red you cannot order your wingmen to attack enemy aircraft. Should this be the case close the radio menu again until you see enemy aircraft nearby.

3. If all five options of the Air Targets mode are bright red choose the option you wish to choose. Only when all five options are active you can order attacks by your wingmen.
Should option 5 be inactive you need to assemble your unit again:

1. Open your radio menu

2. Choose option 6 - Formation

3. Choose option 2 - Formation – and set it to Very Close

Should you encounter enemy aircraft you should be able to order attacks on them. The order to attack depends on two key premises: You need to be able to see your opponent and your unit needs to be able carry out the order to attack.