Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Hi Conte Zero,
I don't recommend moving the folder as it is as the Windows registry will not be updated (although the game should still work fine by running the il2fb.exe file). If you want to move the game without losing any of your settings you could make a copy of your old IL-2 folder, uninstall and reinstall your game in a new location. Then you can copy the old folder directly over it to regain all your patches, etc.

One other thing to bear in mind is that if you edit conf.ini while the game is running, your edits will be lost when the game is closed, so always edit conf.ini while the game is not running.
IL-2 1946 only writes one line in the Windows registry and it's essentially worthless these days. So I'd say, move away. No problem.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte Zero View Post
yes , actually I did it meanwhile, works just fine
I created a C: Games folder and put my sturmo folder in there

conf.ini now works fine, keeps my settings so the wide sreen issue was fixed

My major problem remains the graphic glitch, I ma posting two pics to give the idea. Clouds are ruined and planes are subject to sudden polygons "explosions" from certain angles in external views

It looks like either you have a driver compatibility problem or some sort of memory issue (VRAM). Do other 3D applications have any unusual flickering or problems like that or just IL-2? IL-2 is the only one to use OpenGL (regardless of if you select D3D or OpenGL, it's ultimately running OpenGL) but the GT 555m does support OpenGL 4.0 so it should be ok from a featureset point of view.

Running in Perfect Mode may actually solve this problem (I can't tell if you are or not). I recently went back to Excellent to test something and I have giant blocky terrain texture issues. In Perfect mode I have no problems.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Approved Member

guys thank you

yes, at the moment I am in excellent, not perfect

there's a line in the conf.ini that grants access to the perfect mode, right? I have some tutorial saved and will give it a try tonight

the strange thing is that this game has already been on this machine. months ago I played with no problems but then I uninstalled due to the famous "paratroopers" error. I didn't know it was a known and solved problem

Last edited by Conte Zero; 11-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

update: NO problems at all on the plane geometry if I fly the Midway map (only water, no land polygons)
clouds are still strang, but maybe this new elements makes a clue (?)
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

I think that Daidalos just have to put in the patch a way to put perfect setting without writing in conf.ini, because sometimes it's doesn't work.
For exemple, I know that my graphic card is noob (Intel HD Graphic) for laptop, but I have OpenGL 2.3 and for the game I need 1.2 or something like that.
I have the same problem as you with the cloud and I don't understand that. I did test with OpenGL with GLViewer and I have all feature enable... I just don't understand
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
I think that Daidalos just have to put in the patch a way to put perfect setting without writing in conf.ini, because sometimes it's doesn't work.
For exemple, I know that my graphic card is noob (Intel HD Graphic) for laptop, but I have OpenGL 2.3 and for the game I need 1.2 or something like that.
I have the same problem as you with the cloud and I don't understand that. I did test with OpenGL with GLViewer and I have all feature enable... I just don't understand
You could always make the change in the game. You go to the graphics settings and select the landscape details as Perfect instead of Excellent.

If it's greyed out it means that you haven't enabled all of the graphics features in the IL-2 setup application. I believe it's stencil buffering that has to be on before Perfect mode becomes available.

Intel HD Graphic's may or may not work in Perfect mode. They support OpenGL yes, but they don't fully support all of the pixel shader features (if memory serves) and therefore still remains inadequate. Conte Zero has a step up as the nVidia mobile cards are more fully featured in the 3D arena and tend to be more powerful anyways. Intels GMA are most suitable to HD video decoding for basic content viewing and sufficient hardware acceleration for Windows and Office (i.e. it can do smooth 3D transitions for PowerPoint). It's not a great gaming option... although I have played StarCraft II (at super low detail) successfully on my laptop. So it works. Just not well.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

My Intel HD Graohic support pixel shader 4.0, vertex shader 4.0... It's just gay... I would like that perfect setting could be enable just like that and if my laptop crash, I will saw that my graphic card doesn't support that.