Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
I would think that most people have no need of complicated software and scripts as JoyToMouse works very well and is very easy to set up.
From downloading to having a working variable zoom just by the forward & back hat on my joystick took no more than 2-3 minutes without any prior knowledge of the utility.

Simply tell JoyToMouse that UpHat is full back on the mouse and DownHat is full forward on the mouse then go into the settings for CLOD and tell it that both UpHat & DownHat are the 'Hold to Zoom' key and it all works.

The only thing that is not perfect is that it will allow you to zoom back to more than 180 zoom if you keep holding the hat and that is not useable as it means the sun is always in your eyes but it is easily avoidable by just not holding the hat too long. I think you can also adjust how fast it zooms but I like it to move quickly. I have retained a button on my joystick to revert to 90 degree view instantly then I use zoom to make adjustments up and down from there as needed.
Thanks. This sounds a lot less complicated that the other posts, which all put me off trying.

This seems to be the sensible way to do it.

I was hoping someone would post an easy solution (for those of us who need them).

Flying online as Setback.