Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 10-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Default Question about Mixture control in 1.11 patch

Hi All

The question relates to version 1.11.20362, the Oct 18 2012 patch, which has now made the game playable.

First, please forgive me if this is a duplicate of another post. I did search the Forum and couldn't find an answer, but I'm also aware I'm no good at searching forums . Since the patch I've managed to get the game running sufficiently smoothly that I've decided to learn to play it properly. For context, I like to play with all the realism options selected as I'm as much into the sim part as the combat part.

In the realism settings I have Complex Engine Management and Engine Termperature Effects turned ON (i.e. they are checked)

I'm having trouble with the Mixture control. For the all the models of the Hurricane and for the Spitfire II (the only planes I've tried this on) the controls seem to have only two fixed positions: Rich (back) and Lean (forward). If I push the throttle forward, I can then use the mouse to snap it into one of these two positions in the cockpit. If the throttle is back it sticks to Rich. If I use the Increase Mixture and Decrease Mixture keyboard shortcuts, the same happens. The keyboard shortcuts for Mixture Rich and Mixture Lean do absolutely nothing.

Now when I watched a Youtube video about starting the Hurricane (probably made with a pre-1.11 patch build) the mixture control in the Hurricane is continuously variable and slid forward and backwards and you seemed to be able to place it anywhere you liked. Has that behaviour been removed and replace with this new snapping fully rich / lean behaviour or have I got something wrong?

In case it matters, I have all the realism settings checked except Anthropomorphic Control and No Outside Views.

Any help getting this mixture issue resolved would be greatly appreciated as I now intend to make maximum use of this game.

Kind regards and top of the day / night to you!

A
Old 10-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to the persistant and knowledgeable efforts of IvanK, all mixture woes are now resolved for every model of Spitfire and Hurricane in this latest patch. It was a real goofup since the initial release back in 2011, but it's now all fixed.

In a nutshell, keep the mixture fully back in the Auto Rich position and forget about it. There are only two positions for mixture -- Auto Rich and Auto Lean. As in the real aircraft, the mixture control is mechanically linked to the throttle lever. You cannot shift the mixture lever into Auto Lean when the throttle lever is back. Auto Rich will give best performance at all altitudes and engine settings. Auto Lean is only used for level cruise at altitude at reduced boost and medium rpm setting for staying in the air on extended patrols to conserve fuel. In Cliffs of Dover, many 109 pilots are willing to relieve you of any worry of that kind.

Here's some additional info:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...(Merlin-engine)
Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Thank you. That clears things up completely! Very much appreciated.

A