Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Any fix for green smoke/dust?

All dust/smoke effects that should be white are green in this patch when playing online.

This used to be the case if I ran the game in pseudo fullscreen, but now it's happening in regular fullscreen.

Running with a GTX 570 with 306.96 drivers, tried single card and SLI with same results...anyone got any ideas?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

I have the same problem , but with ATI card. Pseudo fixes it, but then crossfire is not working.I will try to update my divers tomorrow maybe it will help. Any Ideas.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
All dust/smoke effects that should be white are green in this patch when playing online.

This used to be the case if I ran the game in pseudo fullscreen, but now it's happening in regular fullscreen.

Running with a GTX 570 with 306.96 drivers, tried single card and SLI with same results...anyone got any ideas?

Ok. Try this. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI and delete or rename the logo.wmv file. I just renamed it to logooff.wmv. That worked like a charm. No green smoke since. I'm also getting smoother frame rates because of this. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Green dust/smoke

I have the same strange problem..If I run COD with only 2GPU SLI selected on the Nvidia control panel...every thing looks ok, but if I try COD with 3GPU SLI selected on the Nvidia control panel, then I get this green effect!!!!
Any ideas about that?
I already have set the logo OFF and deleted the cache many times and the integrity checked....
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pateador View Post
I have the same strange problem..If I run COD with only 2GPU SLI selected on the Nvidia control panel...every thing looks ok, but if I try COD with 3GPU SLI selected on the Nvidia control panel, then I get this green effect!!!!
Any ideas about that?
I already have set the logo OFF and deleted the cache many times and the integrity checked....
Another thing is to start single player mission or free flight. Get in the pit then exit single player and join server. Works for some people
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Someone reported it could be a low RAM or VRAM issue. Texture quality reduction may help in this case i think (in game or in drivers).
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Hi,
In my case I have this issue only when apply AA filter (green smoke in all smokes). Are you sure that this not a driver problem? (I think so, due to my expereience with other ati drivers in other games, like the old 12.5 Ati Drivers in Skyrim using AA fliter, with a similar issue)

EDIT : Only one little correction,
It's possible to use AA without green smoke, using "AA multisampling mode" iso "AA supersampling mode" (From CCC, the last AA mode is that produce this issue/green textures in smokes).

Last edited by =Kike=; 10-23-2012 at 08:01 AM.