Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Default Incredible Experience!

Hello! guys! i am new to this simulator, i played recently rof and some of Fligth sim before, but i was conviced to buy this the other day, and i am very happy whit it! my friend tell me today to go on the ATAG server, this afternoon was a mission like dunkirk!
the game is so gorgeus! i felt very nervous triying to start that dammed hurricane from the land like all of these rokies back in the war, and later being chased by 109 ! i take one down to! i am very happy whit hte sim and i say hello to all! best ww2 sim ever!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Hi ElAurens.
Nice to hear you like it, pls continue forward.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Hi Sangiturm, glad your first online experience went so well. Congrats on downing the 109 on your first time out -- an incredible feat! Which name do you fly under on the ATAG Server?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

First time online tonight, on ATAG. Three flights: rammed a Dornier on the first, claimed a 109 over France on the second but had to bail, got another 109 on third but slipped into the drink outside dover with a knackered engine.

Flying as Novotny.

Very good fun!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Fast action with a squadmate:

This sim is amazing, even with some flaws. It's the best thing available now.

Just that!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Approved Member

Default Need more E1 Training!

Hey Sangiturm, I'm glad you're enjoying the sim! I can now finally play again since the release of the final patch and I was on two nights ago on ATAG during the Dunkirk mission (first time in the E1 I have to admit). After flying around about 15 minutes finally found an airfield and tried strafing a hurricane; failed, hit his engine or radiator on a pass once he was airborne, had a couple loops and I got my butt kicked (misjudged my altitude and crashed), could have been you

Hope to see you guys in the air!

P.S. If anyone has any E1 videos or tips I'd love to hear them, I usually fly the E3 or 1a spit.

Edit: I just realized you said 'this afternoon' but either way I'm sure you'll shoot me down eventually, I have a feeling I'm a pretty easy target
Old 10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies! the one i downed was a 109 that was starfing a line of static hurricanes, i was very high and fell over him, one pass and he catch a fire and crashed near a house! it was very realistic!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiturm View Post
Hello! guys! i am new to this simulator, i played recently rof and some of Fligth sim before, but i was conviced to buy this the other day, and i am very happy whit it! my friend tell me today to go on the ATAG server, this afternoon was a mission like dunkirk!
the game is so gorgeus! i felt very nervous triying to start that dammed hurricane from the land like all of these rokies back in the war, and later being chased by 109 ! i take one down to! i am very happy whit hte sim and i say hello to all! best ww2 sim ever!
Welcome to the asylum..... errrmmm... on-line air combat.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders