Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post

...Spits require continual adjustment of trim, 109's do not...
Well that's just not true, I'm constantly trimming my elevator in a 109; of course that's the only trim we do have in a 109.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
Well that's just not true, I'm constantly trimming my elevator in a 109; of course that's the only trim we do have in a 109.
Soo true. You might spend as much time trimming the 109 as you do caring about the rads on a spit .
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga_332 View Post
.... but havent flown much online since abouth 2 years ago but lookin forward to see COD ....
A little understatement here GA you've been awol far too long now.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
Perhaps you do need to trim your elevator, the Spitfires and Hurricanes go out of trim in a second in both the Elevator and Rudder.

And while the historical 109's do not have rudder trim, this did not mean the historical aircraft did not need application of rudder to be in trim. The set trim tabs in the 109 only guaranteed in trim at approx. 320 kph, at low speeds, and speeds over 400 kph, the pilot continually was required to apply more and more left rudder, to the point it became very difficult to roll left at high speeds

In my experience, this does not seem to be the case in CoD, the ball may not be centered, but the aircraft does not seem to yaw or show a tendency to roll as the Spitfires and Hurricanes do without trim, and rolling left at high speeds is not a problem.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

On the 109, and except at 300kph, you have to be using your rudder one direction or the other and even with the ball centered, you still have to apply some ailerons to compensate.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
A little understatement here GA you've been awol far too long now.
He he yes Sir thats true have been flown online sims since 2001 from warbirds, Aces high, IL2 and now COD.

Have running the 332 viking squad until 2 years ago since 2001 when I put the squad up and had between 10-15 pilots at the active rooster at all time, so its time to get back in the cockpit at least