Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

Default Missing Parts

I thought I would dip my toe in the online waters so I joined Atag server #2.I spawned inside a hanger but was dismayed to see I was missing my ailerons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Launcher 2012-10-06 06-33-52-29.jpg (54.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Launcher 2012-10-06 06-33-43-34.jpg (50.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Yikes!!!

Troll2K, I'm sorry your first online venture was unsuccessful. Our Server #2 is open to everyone, including our intrepid mission designers who use it as a testbed for their latest creations. I don't know what caused your ailerons to fall off in this specific instance, but obviously it was no fun for you. Again, I apologize on behalf of ATAG -- we should have some kind of "experiment in progress" warning posted for this server. Other times Server #2 can be quite exciting since we frequently are testing out new stuff that won't go onour main Server #1 until the kinks are worked out. Regrettably, it looks like you may have found a "kink". If it's any consolation, I'll forward your post above to our mission designers.

Hopefully this experience hasn't put you off trying out the online aspect of CoD. You are cordially invited to join us on our Server #1, which is running the latest patch (Release Candidate 1.09 + the hotfix). With the latest patch we've had an influx of both new players and a return of veteran players, which has made for an exciting environment. There are very few rules to worry about in ATAG, which is great in that you can do pretty much whatever you want. On the other hand, this same aspect makes the coastal areas on both sides of the Channel extremely hazardous at times, including just sitting on the airfield warming up your engine! A couple of suggestions to make your initial visit(s) more rewarding:

1) Choose an inland airfield to spawn into, especially on the British side. Rochester, Eastchurch, Canterbury are good choices (Maidstone is a little too bumpy for take offs for my liking).

2) Download and install the free communication utility, Teamspeak 3. Although not absolutely necessary, it can enhance your flying -- and fighting -- experience on ATAG a thousand fold. Anyone is perfectly welcome to fly without it, and just explore the map on his own. However, it IS a big map, and there can be all kinds of action going on all around you that you'll never see. We're all a friendly bunch on Teamspeak, and more than willing to give a newcomer a hand getting started. Plus, if you're flying alone in the combat area it's highly likely you'll get bounced by a sharp-eyed predator high above you and you will never see who or what hit you!

Here's a helpful link to get Teamspeak on your system, if you so choose:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...w-to-set-it-up!

If you decide to try your luck on ATAG Server #1 (Red or Blue side) be sure to introduce yourself!

Snapper
Old 10-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
I thought I would dip my toe in the online waters so I joined Atag server #2.I spawned inside a hanger but was dismayed to see I was missing my ailerons.
Hey Troll - server #2 is a test server more than anything unless we have an event going. The missing control surfaces is actually caused by a plane limit script. IE - only allow one 109-E4. Basically this is a workaround to keep a certain number of planes only allowed to fly. (for balance) It looks like you chose a plane with 0 limit. As Snapper said, hop on TS3 and there will be plenty of people there to help you out. That's when the fun begins.

ATAG Forums + Stats