Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Clear as mud , communication has always been a disaster .
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Luthier said CODs content will be in the Sequel. .
Your opinion of what he said

Quote:
Fact...the development has rewritten the Sound and Graphic engine and are currently rewriting the GUI, and making improvement to other features.
And you said they were rewriting the AI, which they havent said, in fact they have said the opposite which is they think the AI is great, ergo your opinion, not fact

Quote:
Do you believe the game engine/features would somehow revert to the 2012 version when you fly a Spit over the Channel Map in the Sequel? Of course not, but the whole direction could change, we can only make logical conclusions from the few facts at hand
Opinion again.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

They're working on the AI and comms - for the sequel.

Check luthier's answers.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
Your opinion of what he said

And you said they were rewriting the AI, which they havent said, in fact they have said the opposite which is they think the AI is great, ergo your opinion, not fact

Opinion again.
Maybe you should take off your blinders and read Luthiers answers again.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Blind? Not.

I mean flight AI, not radio comms or speech, but flying.

Quote:
2. Lastly has there been any progress on making the AI work and fly like we would expect or are we stuck with either barrel rolls or no reaction at all?
It already does a lot more than barrel rolls or no reaction.

Quote:

Stop saying it will be fixed in sequel and mixing fact and opinion. Ilya does not think it is broken, he only is speaking about comms and speech. In my opinion.

Last edited by planespotter; 10-04-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
Blind? Not.

I mean flight AI, not radio comms or speech, but flying.

Quote:
2. Lastly has there been any progress on making the AI work and fly like we would expect or are we stuck with either barrel rolls or no reaction at all?
It already does a lot more than barrel rolls or no reaction.

Quote:

Stop saying it will be fixed in sequel and mixing fact and opinion. Ilya does not think it is broken, he only is speaking about comms and speech. In my opinion.
Its not my problem you can't discern a fact from an opinion in a forum that is 99% opinion. You only have a problem with it, because it doesn't agree with your opinion.

I agree with Luthier, "it already does a lot more than barrel rolls or no reaction" Infact I find the AI alot harder to shoot down in COD than any other WW2 combat flight sim because of their evasive maneuvers. Although the damage model is part of that equation. Infact if they only did barrel rolls they would be easier to shoot down. That said, I think it should be easier that it currently is. I don't know if its a damage model issue or any other factor.

Most of the AI's poor flying wouldn't happen if they followed orders. This is a very important fix, I'm sure the devs are looking at. They wouldn't fly into the ground so much if they weren't trying to stay in formation.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Its not my problem you can't discern a fact from an opinion in a forum that is 99% opinion. You only have a problem with it, because it doesn't agree with your opinion.

I agree with Luthier, "it already does a lot more than barrel rolls or no reaction" Infact I find the AI alot harder to shoot down in COD than any other WW2 combat flight sim because of their evasive maneuvers. Although the damage model is part of that equation. Infact if they only did barrel rolls they would be easier to shoot down. That said, I think it should be easier that it currently is. I don't know if its a damage model issue or any other factor.

Most of the AI's poor flying wouldn't happen if they followed orders. This is a very important fix, I'm sure the devs are looking at. They wouldn't fly into the ground so much if they weren't trying to stay in formation.
Thankyou for your admission that they are not working on the AI as you stated they were. It is nice to see someone admit they were wrong. I respect that kind of thing. And I respect your opinion on the AI, though I am different opinion on that. There are hundreds of posts here from people complaining about the combat AI, which believe is much better in modded 1946, and even an old sim like BOB2 has superior better AI, not even comparable. Tho you admit you don't fly this sim anymore, and I do, and so far I have 370 hours on the sim, all of in single player, so I feel confident in saying this about the AI compared to 1946 and BOB2. It is hard to take an opinion on the AI from someone who says they dont fly the sim! (Why do people even post here when they don't even play the game, that I do not understand? Oh well, it is your life to waste) The only way to get it even respectable is to adjust settings in full mission builder and that should not be necessary. It should be possible to make mission in quick mission that is also enjoyable, but now it is not. Oh well, since they don't fix it, we are stuck with what we got.

Last edited by planespotter; 10-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Ok as this has degraded into what the op didnt want its closed for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream2012 View Post
This is a basic question for Luthier, it's not intended to be a discussion thread or answered with assumptions from people who think they know what is going on. If you want to start another discussion, trolling, or flame war, go create your own thread.

Luthier, your answers are still somewhat vague on the future of the content in Cliffs Of Dover.
Please allow me to remind you of your comments over the last few weeks.

All of the answers here contradict eachother in some form or the other, so in order to clarify the situation I've identified the three most probable options. I realise your busy so I made it quick, an answer of A, B, or C is good enough.

A) Sequel will install ontop of Cliffs Of Dover (merge), allowing clod content to be used & updated with sequel.

B) Sequel will be stand-alone, but will include the content from clod allowing it to be used and updated with the rest of the engine.

C) Cliffs Of Dover and its content will be abandoned by Maddox Games, and/or handed to the community for further development.

Thanks & Regards.
Closed Thread