Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Isn't it a gravity powered device? At least partly.
The condensed fluid flows down the tube causing the bird to right itself.

If the birds were floating in water that would be pretty frictionless...the same water they dip into maybe.. . Sorry, just trying to confuse the issue.
Yes, gravity is involved... but I've already mentioned that and it appears to have gone sailing way above raaaaaaaids head some where, probably next to that 'UFO' in the video..

Anyway I now know more about bloody dippy birds than is healthy.. I'm off to annoy somebody in an FM/DM thread... At least the laws of physics apply over there.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Large scale production is essential if it is to work, and we will see large dippy birds all over the countryside, which will be fine in most of Europe, but the British will complain that it is making the place look a bit of a mess. There will be protests involving setting leading members of parliament on fire and 'women of a certain age' chaining themselves to Noel Edmunds.
So I can't see it happening. Not in Britain anyway.
No large scale Dippy Bird farms scattered on hillsides across the Midlands ??? ... oh, now that's a shame.