Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
the Spit 25lb ROC performance is less than it should be at most alts, and only over by 11% or so at other alts..
Huh? How old is that info?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
Huh? How old is that info?
Are you saying it was fixxed?

Maybe, In that I have not played IL-2 in.. Hmmm.. I can not even remember the last time I played IL-2! Thus I have not done any IL-2 testing in some time either.. Most of my work is now on making the tools to test CoD

In eithercase, the point here is even the likes of 1C (Oleg) can make mistakes that result in the relative performance being way off.. In short, the goal should be to get the performacne within 5% of the real world performance, otherwise you can end up with these BIG relative performance errors.

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 09-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

what abt the pilot behind the ctrls ? Do yu think tht a sleepy or lazzy gamer shld reach tht 5% ?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

That depends..

That is to say the 'performance' should be there for all players to make use of..

But that does not necessary mean all players will be able to obtain the peak performance..

For example, something as simple as having the mixture wrong, or climbing at the wrong climb speed, or just flying like cr@p can keep many pilots from obtaining the peak performance values. On the flip side, flying ilke cr@p can cause some pilots to exceed the peak performace values.. Not becuase they found a new way to squease out more performance, but because the perfored the test wrong. For example, some pilots report they are able to fly faster than the max rating.. That can happen if the pilots is not flying a level as he should or as level as he thinks.. That is to say, a shallow dive during a 'level' speed test can result in you flying faster than the rated performace value, but not because there is an error in the flight model, once again this is a sim pilot error in that we was in a shallow dive and didn't even realise it. In either case, this is not and should not be attributed to a flight modeling error as much as a sim pilot error

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 09-11-2012 at 09:14 PM.