Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Recruiting in forums

you guys are happy doing it this way?really?
please dont get me wrong here.i do enjoy reading forums everyday to see what transpires in these wonderful pages but to recruit in this way is not the way we have done things in the past.to having to keep checking a forums every hour to see if some one has even viewed your pages seems to be a very slow way of doing it.there is a much easier way that is tried and true.

WE NEED A LOBBY!!

we already have one but.......

the progress of this sim would be far more advanced than it is right now at this moment.there would be more players,more servers,more coops,MORE squads!I bet this game would have been patched and fixed by now.and if not it would still be better than it now because THIS community is great. we saw it for ourselves in il2 series and look how far that got.YOU guys did that.NOT the devs or game manufactures.
i would be recruiting myself right now but i dont want to have to check a forums 5 or 6 times a day for a bite.if im going fishing it will be for real.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_woodstock View Post
you guys are happy doing it this way?really?
please dont get me wrong here.i do enjoy reading forums everyday to see what transpires in these wonderful pages but to recruit in this way is not the way we have done things in the past.to having to keep checking a forums every hour to see if some one has even viewed your pages seems to be a very slow way of doing it.there is a much easier way that is tried and true.

WE NEED A LOBBY!!

we already have one but.......

the progress of this sim would be far more advanced than it is right now at this moment.there would be more players,more servers,more coops,MORE squads!I bet this game would have been patched and fixed by now.and if not it would still be better than it now because THIS community is great. we saw it for ourselves in il2 series and look how far that got.YOU guys did that.NOT the devs or game manufactures.
i would be recruiting myself right now but i dont want to have to check a forums 5 or 6 times a day for a bite.if im going fishing it will be for real.
Ok dont mean to be an @@@ so dont take this the wrong way - remember this is text.

1.) If I put up a recruitment thread on a forum Im not going to check it every hour, I have better things to do, and if someone cant be bothered to wait more than 59 mins for a reply then I dont want him in my squad any way...

2.) Anyone I ever asked in Hyper lobby was already in a squad.

3.) You forgot to mention HL so to the uninformed your post makes no sense.

4.) If everyone used HL there would be more more more??? Ive heard people say, "Im waiting for an upgrade", "Im waiting for the official patch", "Im waiting for the sequal"... Never have I heard anyone say, "Im waiting for hyper lobby!". So ok lets all use HL - then how will that fix the other problems?

5.)
Quote:
I bet this game would have been patched and fixed by now.and if not it would still be better than it now because THIS community is great.
Pfff?!

You know what? Just because this post is so mental I might have Storm of War Campaigns added to HL... Maybe I am the crazy one and by adding servers to HL, everything will be fine and we can all drink lemonade!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Correct, I did not mention HL because I dont feel it "has" to be hyperlobby.If no one wants to use it then thats okay it can understand that.All i am trying to say is i feel we need "a lobby"..anywhere.
If the devs could implement that into the game server then it would be fantastic.But we know that wont happen.Not in the near future anyways. BUT there are people who read these forums everyday that are friggin brilliant!!

Hence my reason for my post.it was not to step on any ones feet but to get the attention of someone who is sitting back right and reading this and "maybe" has an idea on how it could be done.

did not mean to offend you there Farber.but the way the recruiting goes on in any forums well..you might as well be using dial up.

and yes i really do believe that if there was a "meeting place" "a Lobby" ANY lobby this sim would be much farther in progress and yes there would be more people because there would be a place to ask questions and do things in "live" time.How many times a day will you see a new member asking for help in hyperlobby?many many times.(countless)How many times do you see that person turned away?hardly ever,And their games were almost always fixed.Then you got to the satisfaction of seeing that person jump into a server and be in there for hours.coops?Any day of the week.I wanted to do a Dover coop the othernight but there was no one there.I could go on and on about the "benefits" of a lobby because there are many.

Any "Lobby" would do.

ps.I never cared for lemonade.but i would be glad to have a beer with you sometime.

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 09-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
did not mean to offend you there Farber.

ps.I never cared for lemonade.but i would be glad to have a beer with you sometime.

None taken

We can have one right now!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

It started with Silent Hunter, and now we have the same thing with IL2clod, no lobby, no place to set up a game where you could communicate before jumping into a mission. No place to help people out as they discover they can't get into a game for some reason. It seems to be a ubi soft or 1C thing, to not have a lobby where you're able to communicate. Have a look at the ubi lobby for IL2:46 for another example. They took the ability to "chat" off, waaaay back.

They just don't seem to see the "lack of community" with no chat/lobby.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

well, i put a recruiting thread up, as one way to get people's interest....
but i do it as well while playing the game itself.
and just like farber said,...if anybody is really interested, than he will have the patience to get an answer.i dont look at my recruitment thread every hour, not even every day nor every week....
people who answered on my thread, the ones who where interested, contacted me either via pm, or added me directly over steam....easy.

both ways work....

anyway, its hard to find people who really are interested anyway.at least people who really fly on a regular basis, which is somehow needed for beeing member of a squad.

its time consuming to get bigger as a squad, but we achieved, that our JG26 increased from february to now from 2 to 10people.we were already more, if i hadnt kicked some of them already...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

I joined JG52 purely through meeting up with them on hyperlobby. A lot of other squads operated the same way, hyperlobby was crucial.
Members also joined over the years through recruiting threads in forums, but by far most people joined through making contact with us and flying on hyperlobby.