Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Default FM discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
Hello Black6!

I would like to have an update on the following topics, please:
- clouds: shadows and self-shadows, reflection on water, source light influences, etc.. are you working on them, and when they will be added (back)?
- Radio Comms.. any progress in this area? is some programmer assigned to and working on it, or it was postponed?
- AI.. any progress in this area? is some programmer assigned to and working on it, or it was postponed?

thank you!
I will add to the above and ask if the FM are still been worked? If you visit these forums regular you will see that the above topic is a massive discussion, as is the 109 planes greatly out doing the spitfires in performance. Everyone wants to know if these features will be switched back on and if there is going to be some sort of balance between the 109 and spitfires.

Last edited by PotNoodles; 08-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
if there is going to be some sort of balance between the 109 and spitfires.
with "balance", what we need is the historical "balance" , where each plane has it own strength and weakness as was the case historically, so we can appropriately use the right tactics

right now in CoD the 109 is over performing in many aspects, and the spitfires are significantly under performing in many others, the end result is a very uneven match-up where the 109's have advantages that are not historically correct and for red flyers online the imbalance is so great it can prevent normal gameplay.

this has to be sorted out and fixed before BoM comes out
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 08-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Indeed, we cannot mention FM's as the primary problem enough. Please try them yourselves before releasing another patch though, the last 2 have been a waste of time.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Blacksix, I am not sure what zapatista has done wrong here for asking this question. Many people are asking the same question and you have made a thread asking for Communication from the Community. Am I missing something here because I don't see anything wrong with his post?

I think the balance of planes is low-priority to them right now as it really has nothing to do with the testing of the new graphics engine which is where we are at right now, I think any FM changes we have been getting are bonuses right now. I think they want to finish with the graphics engine before getting to deep into balancing...

Lets be honest, a discussion of balance gets pretty deep around here, and what they need right now is focus.

Of course this is just how I am reading into this, I may be wrong.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSSI View Post
You are joking or? It is the converse! Bf109 is under and Spits are much over!!! maybe you better learn fly or take a arcade flightsim. Sorry for say that!

Forgot to say when there give you the SPIT-UFO FM back we are shooting you burning anyway. Right now the Spit have the IL-2 Airplanes DM model and? We get you too
you might be on the wrong planet, or just havnt switched CFM on and compared online performance

if the current FM comparison btw the 109 and hurricane/spitfire would have been present in the real BoB, we'd all be speaking german now
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 08-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well you are the only one who thinks he's joking because anyone who fly's the spits knows that they are cannon fodder for the 109 pilots. Maybe you're having so much fun shooting down the spits in your 109 that you don't want this to change, but tuff luck because lots of people are sick to death of it and want it to change. Please go and read through the forums if you cannot take my word for it.
I am flying 50:50. Means all my second flight is with Spit and Hurri. I have no problem with any 109, I shoot them down all on Servers. My result is that with Spit or Hurri it much much easyer to shot down the enemys. If I want easy kills then I take that Spitfire. If I want more risk I use the 109. If I am behinf a 109 she have no chance no more. To come behind a 109 is so easy for every newbie.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
you might be on the wrong planet, or just havnt switched CFM on and compared online performance

if the current FM comparison btw the 109 and hurricane/spitfire would have been present in the real BoB, we'd all be speaking german now
I fly always online in ATAG Server! In real my friendy the 109 can turn with the Spit and with flaps much better for the first circle. Spit fly like a UFO now. If you can handle that shoot down easy 109 then you need learn it.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I fly always online in ATAG Server! In real my friendy the 109 can turn with the Spit and with flaps much better for the first circle. Spit fly like a UFO now. If you can handle that shoot down easy 109 then you need learn it.
That's great news! Can you upload some tracks so those of us having problems can learn how?
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Originally Posted by OSSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
That's great news! Can you upload some tracks so those of us having problems can learn how?
+1

This is great news!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes take a video of you shooting down all them 109 pilots with the spitfire and post use a track here and we will all learn from it. Hell I might even believe you if you do. Anyways, this thread isn't to discuss what you can do, but do post me a video in private and I'll make a post for all to see.