Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Default some AI issues flying single player last night.

`S

Last night I was just doing a quick mission as a spitfire vs he 111. Spawned in and radioed team to attack bombers. The bombers seemed invinsible, i was unloading into them and there jst kept flying in astraight line formation. then all of the sudden they broke formation and were vulnerable. I have no Idea what that was about. Anyone have any insight>?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Approved Member

Yes the bombers can be just about invincible at times. Often takes the whole ammo loadout from 3 planes to bring one down. There is much debate on whether this is accurate or not, especially since the RAF bombers go down in a mere couple of hits.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romilis View Post
Last night I was just doing a quick mission as a spitfire vs he 111. Spawned in and radioed team to attack bombers. The bombers seemed invinsible, i was unloading into them and there jst kept flying in astraight line formation. then all of the sudden they broke formation and were vulnerable. I have no Idea what that was about. Anyone have any insight>?
I am mostly a blue flier, but have flown a few times with Spit and Hurri on the ATAG server, and there are few of observations I have made:
First: Spit is a awful gun platform, Hurri is an excellent one. Spit is a better fighter yes, but the longitudal stability is so terrible that I cannot make the bullets go into one bomber in a formation but to all of them

Hurri is much more stable, so I can hit specific parts of the bomber, go for the wing root btw, the fuel tanks are there.

Second: Convergence. Select the convergence for the guns in the loadout screen, then calibrate the gunsight in the plane for this range and select the wingspan selector for example for the He111, so 74ft. Just before the wing tips hit the side markings you are at the correct distance and it is time to open fire, if you wait until they hit the markings, you are already too late and too close.

Third: Loadout, may be a bit gaming the game, but using just armor piercing and de wilde ammo seems to be quite explosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
Yes the bombers can be just about invincible at times. Often takes the whole ammo loadout from 3 planes to bring one down. There is much debate on whether this is accurate or not, especially since the RAF bombers go down in a mere couple of hits.
IMHO more of an Cannon vs. Machine gun issue. The second time I flew with the Hurri on ATAG, I ran into a formation of He111s. I shot down 3 before my ammo ran out.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack

Last edited by Untamo; 08-20-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

You could just try ramming with the Spitfire, it's pretty impervious to contact in the latest patch.
GTX 560Ti with 2GB (latest beta driver)
22" monitor @ 1680x1050
TrackIR 5
Saitek X52
Saitek pedals
Win7 64-bit Ultimate

"Ignorance speaks loudly, so as to be heard; but its volume proves reason to doubt every word."~Wes Fessler