Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 07-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

LOL

I cant pretend to understand Higgs Bosun either, but the best basic description I read somewhere that I can understand is that, in the beginning just after the start of the big bang, sub atomic particles were whizzing about totally out of control at or near the speed of light ... somehow they met the Higgs Bosun that the big bang somehow created too, the Bosun slowed down these sub atomic particles and gave them mass ... kind of like swimming through treacle.

And the rest is history.

Nearly every forum I visit has a thread on this news with some pretending they understand it fully and trying to explain it with blatant copy pastes from scientific sites, and some who are more honest making jokes about it who are interested too or they would not have read the subject matter and skipped to something else

One things more clear to me in my middle age, the more answers we get the more questions un-answered we need to delve into.

I honestly think its Mankinds destiny to research our environment, not just the wider Universe outside our Solar System but the sub atomic Universe too.

Some say the Universe might be as infinitely small as it is large ... I was just getting a handle on the larger scale of the Universe when I saw this ...

http://scaleofuniverse.com/

And then there are probably Multi Universes too that in turn are some sub atomic particles in an even bigger scheme of things, and so on and so on and so on forever.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
I'm amazed no one hasn't given a crap and called this a collossal waste of money ...
Well if you get a lot of energy released splitting the atom, just emagine the distructive potential from splitting a....

Why don't scentist ever use their strange scientific powers for good instead of evil!

Studying black holes and how to detect them lead to the development WiFi. It may take fifty years but who knows, there could be some life changing technologies developed from this research.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Studying black holes and how to detect them lead to the development WiFi.
Another great example of the "colossal waste of money" scientist are so fond of - just like the programs and government sponsored research that lead to the internet, the transistor, radar, 3d rendering, ect.

Its like people think these things just fall out of thin air... or some lone inventor dreams them up one day after getting hit on the head with an apple. Thankfully these short sighted types are rarely in a position to influence research.