Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Default No idea how to run CoD

Issue: Golden plane compass reticule loads then promptly disappears, task manager shows Launcher*32.exe run then disappear.

System specs:

MB: Asus crosshair V formula am3+
CPU: AMD fx 4100
RAM: Corsair 8gb DDR3 1600mhz 4gb matched pair
GPU: Xfx hd 4890

Do I need to turn off UAC, do I need to be administrator or standard user?
I have right clicked Launcher and set it to run as admin for all users.
All the topics/threads I have read haven't helped. Unfortunately I don't have much experience yet with win7 and we don't see eye to eye on a few issues, i.e password for this prog password for that prog. What questions do I need to ask to help you forumers help me, what more info do I need to provide to find a solution? I had it running on winxp very slowly of course, good excuse to upgrade but six months and it still isn't working. Even tried to turn DEP off for Launcher but that's not allowed apparently, it works for S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP though. Anyway time for bed, and thanks for any assistance.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Hi - how did you buy the game? Online or from box content?

I bought a collectors edition recently, and do have Steam pre installed. When I loaded the dvd rom for CLOD, it automatically detected it was a steam game. I did get a warning from the compatibility manager asking if the game installed correctly, and just ignored it til it had clearly installed. When the game fully installed from the Dvd, it then looked itself up on steam and downloaded an additional fairly hefty patch that took several minutes. After that, it was for me, good to go.

Have you got steam installed, and has the game patched itself prior to you running it for the first time?