Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
I must also say I play nearly only the RAF side the nazi side does leave me with a strange taste.
Stop eating bratwurst and drinking German coffee before flying a blue mission. That should fix the taste issues.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=robtek;438249 under full load with NO NOISE except from the harddrives![/QUOTE]

You did not put in at least one SSD? I have close to what you built with two gtx680's and two SSD's. Overkill with this game. The game runs worse under sli, more big stutters. When I have the game hooked up to 3x1680x1050 monitors in surround mode it atomatically goes into sli mode because I spread the load over the two cards. For some reason hooking three monitors to one card and a fourth 30inch 2560x1600 monitors to the second GPU just prevents me from having surround mode.

I prefer the 3370x1680(bezel correction)resolution over the big 30 inch monitor but it's a bummer I have the stutters. Before I got my second gtx680 and 30 inch I ran all three of just one card and that ran fine, no stutters. For this game the extra gtx680 is not only overkill, it hobbles it actually because sli, though working, lowers temps but hardly any fps increase, is still porked. Runs RoF, DCS A10 and FSX just fine though so untill Il2CoD is patched up I'm done trying to fine tune it. When fixed I'll contemplate taking one 680 out if that's what keeps if from running perfect. The other two are better in sli but still very playable with just one GPU.

What really surprised me is that when I have sli enabled over two cards the 30 inch monitor get's blacked out. Not a big deal in CloD but in FSX it's nice to have a fourth screen. The 3370x1680 surrounds are hooked up thru dvi-d and the 30 inch thru displayport. If anyone sees I'm overlooking something let me know. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver.