Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

That's a shame, Ali. I still think that shaders tweak you did produced the best screenshot I've ever seen in a flight-sim.

Did Ekar drop his ground-texture project? it looked so promising as well.

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Ali Fish

hi phillip, im still doing my thing ! what you think. this is the profile view at 07:00 hrs with some sparse clouds in the vacinity. and of course some shader work, custom templates etc etc. all ingame shots asides the border darkening.(DCS World)

Last edited by Ali Fish; 06-22-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

That looks absolutely stunning! I thought it was a photo for a minute.

Could something similar be achieved in CloD? It reminds me of the spitfire pictures posted in an early update topic which were presented in bare aluminium.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

I agree Ali that is fantastic mate......WOW

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
That looks absolutely stunning! I thought it was a photo for a minute.

Could something similar be achieved in CloD? It reminds me of the spitfire pictures posted in an early update topic which were presented in bare aluminium.
They removed reflections on aircraft early on, if they could be modded back in it would be fantastic, if not we just have to wait. It was one of my favourite things in the game...
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

I remember the reflections. I was in two minds about them: they looked pretty awesome, but were overdone on the Spitfire and Hurricane.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Ali Fish

i didnt realise the relections were taken away, its a tough one design wise, where as the lovely p51 was rolled out the factory in shinney metal form, and adapted from there for combat. Red tails/ tuskegee airmen kept most of the metalic effects present, im sure most planes came in that form to some degree, but the idea was to mute all the object effects down for visual purposes. so to not have them does make sense in terms of performance in a sim that simply cant perform very well.

i remeber when i looked at the files in p51 and noticed how they do there special effects and i instantly noticed and thought wow its all here but they are not being used. nobody is using it !!! so then the metallics came about. but its a strange situation too. im posting outrageus images compared to others and im feeling that they all i think im photoshoping them etc. one aspect that is quite phenominal is my owning a Gforce 670 card. thats where the power for these images is coming from, but its still ingame un edited.

come check our newly created display team fb page, chuck yeager recently had a looksee on us
https://www.facebook.com/virtualtuskegeeairmen

Last edited by Ali Fish; 06-26-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
i remeber when i looked at the files in p51 and noticed how they do there special effects and i instantly noticed and thought wow its all here but they are not being used. nobody is using it !!! so then the metallics came about. but its a strange situation too. im posting outrageus images compared to others and im feeling that they all i think im photoshoping them etc. one aspect that is quite phenominal is my owning a Gforce 670 card. thats where the power for these images is coming from, but its still ingame un edited.
With all due respect no one thinks you're photoshoping them, you did a great job using available specular textures and yes, DCS looks that good even on 560Ti. Rest is just time of the day etc. just like CloD.

DCS P-51 looks like photograph sometimes:

Looking forward for your skins when you relese them.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

I think this shot is pretty outstanding:

Loving your work on the P-51. If the scenery in DCS was up to scratch the whole thing could look photographic.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Some cool pics, I must admit. But why do u like the last pic? For me, the pits in dcs series are detailed enough, but are far, far away from CoD so far from depth impression. It looks like a small enhancement over il2 1946 with some mods.

Sorry, but the planes do not reach the detail of CoD in my opinion.

But what I really would like to know: Only few are tryinf to analyse this game as it was already done with il2! What about flight dynamics, wind and air under the wings? What about the performance data compared to the real world data? Is it suiting to the right P51? Is motor management completely accurate? What about dynamic campaigns? Great missions or just flying?

SORRY, but this is again an unfair comparison. A bunch of you talk hilarious things about every dcs game, bit noone really did the work to ask questions for performance.

Clod is (compared to that reactions) always in discussion. I am aware of bugs and fm issues, but what are u intending to get with this dcs p51 thread, which seems to be the uber game for some of u.

Dcs normally has no good fm engine to simulate flying. It is a military flight sim, where nobody ever compared to real life data. It is still lock on engine after years of promises to get a new engine. Additionally, the recent engine reworks force us to buy dcs blackshark 2 and nobody complained about the additional costs. Still no satisfying missions (very static) and still no dedicated server possibilties, which they had also promised years ago for blackshark.

Again sorry, but you do not compare fair, when talking about dcs. Perhaps you are happy, because u think, that the army bought this too? Nothing to complain? Loooooooool, thats not near to hilarious. Stop advertising a game, which also has the same bunch of problems in a slightly other way. I also have friends, who will never touch dcs anymore, because their promises will also never come true!!!

Done