Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
I don't think they'll release an SDK at all.
I can't see them releasing an SDK either, considering how much they have their work cut out just trying to get this sim playable at a basic level. Even if they were in a position to release an SDK to the community, I suspect this would just conflict with their future development plans anyway. Same reason we'll not see a proper SDK for Rise of Flight anytime in the near future. Unfortunate but understandable from a business perspective.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Thanka everybody for the oppinions stated!

Very interesting question for me is how many of computer resourses the AI is consuming...
More sophisticated AI must consume a lot of computing power...does the simulation engine suffers from this? Definitely...

Well, more human desisions, and more human generated actions in-game is better option...

The AI question is very complicated matter...definitely nobody will partcipate in online simulation, just as driver, driving a fuel truck as a dive bomber target. A lot of psichology is involved here...

Regards!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Sorry, BG, but your POV is seriously FUBAR. The simulation aspect sufferes without decent AI adn the more "human decision" you enter into the equation the less simulation and the more "mindless pointless clusterf*ck" remains.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Well, the BG thought is the idea that Luthier and Co. have .... in the MMO (their principal project), the AI will not exist, because all the vehicles, planes, etc will be driven by humans.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Personally I think AI should be one of their key points of improvement right now. We are in a relatively niche genre - even when you take tank simmers/ sub simmers / flight simmers etc. all into account without thinking that there could be any cross over between these fan bases (which I am certain there would be since I play 2 out of the 3 types of sim listed) As such without AI even as an MMO there is going to be a hell of a lot of empty space with nothing going on.

AI improvements are one of the last desperately needed fixes in CloD - after that a lot of the other remaining issues or missing things I personally can wait until BoM for as right now I've got a relatively stable game, which I can fly with my squad on a regular basis, can jump into ATAG for a bit of PvP when I fancy, and can fly offline or against the computer in - and the only thing that really reaks the immersion and lets it all down is the AI being so poor on a frequent basis.
V
Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catito14 View Post
Well, the BG thought is the idea that Luthier and Co. have .... in the MMO (their principal project), the AI will not exist, because all the vehicles, planes, etc will be driven by humans.
I don't remember Luther saying they were going to remove all AI, that would be crazy... I do remember one of the WOVII AI guys offering his help to make AI a bit better, but I don't know if Luthier ever took him up on that offer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53_Valantine View Post
AI improvements are one of the last desperately needed fixes in CloD
I agree 100%
Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catito14 View Post
That is exactly what I mean...but this simulation of air war is attracting for now only virtual pilots, but not virtual tank drivers or virtual submarine mariners. Thats why we need AI it seems for complete war theater simulation.