Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

I agree, the wave crests must be huge compared to ships and planes. I can see individual crests from 12000 feet but can't spot a formation of bombers a couple of thousand feet below.

In fact, the inability to spot planes Is the single most annoying thing for me.

Oh well....
Old 05-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Oh, no. Please dont change it. I like waves from CoD.

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

I think we are nit picking now

Seriously, bought CLOD on day one and still this sim has the best looking, most realistic water or sea in any flight sim to date IMHO.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana1000S View Post
I think we are nit picking now

Seriously, bought CLOD on day one and still this sim has the best looking, most realistic water or sea in any flight sim to date IMHO.
Nobody is nit picking and nobody is saying that the water isn't the best looking. They are saying the waves are to big and it makes the altitude look wrong. Think of a road and now place a toy car in the middle of the road...Now do you see what they mean? The road won't change if you shrink the road to make the toy car look realistic. Nobody is on about changing the waves, they are on about shrinking them. This would then make the cliffs look as large as they are suppose to and the ships look the right size. I'm sure if they change it you will like it a lot better.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

They have probably got bigger fish to fry first though (from any sea) than that

Seriously, if this was such a show stopper it would have been mentioned earlier in the games history, the fact that it has not ... and I'm sure someone will jump in and say it was, means that other areas of the sim are improved so much that we now look at at such nit picking stuff as wave size.

Seriously guys.

I'm still not sure if this thread is a joke or not though?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
Nobody is nit picking and nobody is saying that the water isn't the best looking. They are saying the waves are to big and it makes the altitude look wrong.
So, you are saying you could be in a furball, almost got your nail on the Hurri or ME-109 and all of a sudden the wave hight caught your attention and threw you off the perfect kill
Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
So, you are saying you could be in a furball, almost got your nail on the Hurri or ME-109 and all of a sudden the wave hight caught your attention and threw you off the perfect kill
I am saying if you want a good sim then you should aim to get everything in perspective. The short answer to you question is Yes, simply because I always feel I am flying to low when I'm over water even though I am not. Whats strange is that you should argue over something that would make the game not only play better but also look better.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

It is a humorous nit pick, but it does highlight the in-proportional sense of scale. Ships should not be dots, planes should not be pretty much invisible, and I should've gone to spec-savers!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFeckit View Post
It is a humorous nit pick, but it does highlight the in-proportional sense of scale. Ships should not be dots, planes should not be pretty much invisible, and I should've gone to spec-savers!
God help us if they modelled Tsunamis!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
God help us if they modelled Tsunamis!
Do you play this game on that spec computer?